1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65
btabacchi
btabacchi New Reader
2/11/13 11:13 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Meanwhile in NJ...... http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/breaking-3rd-u-s-district-court-upholds-njs-one-gun-a-month-law/
BREAKING: 3rd U.S. District Court Upholds NJ’s One-Gun-a-Month Law

People are moving out of NJ anyway. Just another reason to leave.

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=92911471-2264-4a1e-99ba-beb5a9ee05e5

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/12/13 4:58 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
914Driver wrote: Remington is pulling out of NY. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/gov_in_gunfight_to_keep_state_jobs_8V5QogOOb28MmQaJq0LH4J
We in the Hoosier state will welcome them with open arms......they can even come to a city bearing their company's name.

1 that factory was a death trap. Some areas of the factory were well setup, but many were dungeons. Lots of old unguarded gang drills and antique machinery. New product was being launched at other factories due to the lack of flexibility of the shop and workforce.

2 they are looking for an excuse to dump union. Highly unflexible aging workforce that fought chnsges tooth and nail. They were still batch processing like crazy.

1. No suppliers in the area to provide effective offload. Most larger companies have already subcontracted their nasty chemical plating and or striping. Remington still did a ton in house. That stuff is a massive liability and lawsuit bait.

However it is sad to see them leave. That factory was amazing to explore. Very old and cool.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/12/13 6:50 a.m.
dinger wrote: Well played, LaRue Tactical. I wish I could buy this man a beer.
Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales: Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies. Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess. State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations. We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm’s sales – and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error. Thanks in advance for your understanding. Mark LaRue

Refusing sales? Great business plan.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
2/12/13 6:54 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
dinger wrote: Well played, LaRue Tactical. I wish I could buy this man a beer.
Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales: Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies. Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess. State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations. We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm’s sales – and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error. Thanks in advance for your understanding. Mark LaRue
Refusing one type of sales in the hope of generating even more sales of a different kind? Great business plan.

FTFY. I'm sure they're banking on this making more people want to buy LaRue gear as a means of protesting the attempt to criminalize firearms ownership

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/12/13 7:35 a.m.

i dunno how much LEO sales LaRue already had, i know their stuff is pricey, but top-notch.

dinger
dinger Reader
2/12/13 7:43 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Refusing sales? Great business plan.

Hey, it's a private business, and if he can afford financially to take a moral stand, then I applaud him for doing so.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/12/13 7:53 a.m.
dinger wrote:
Hey, it's a private business, and if he can afford financially to take a moral stand, then I applaud him for doing so.

Ditto!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/12/13 7:55 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
dinger wrote:
Ditto!

Got no problem with it, just pointing out, its not a smart financial move.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/12/13 8:03 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
dinger wrote:
Ditto!

Neither is entering the Challenge. Or Lemons. or owning any sort of sporting car. etc...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/12/13 8:29 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
N Sperlo wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
dinger wrote:
Ditto!
Neither is entering the Challenge. Or Lemons. or owning any sort of sporting car. etc...

The goal of a business is to make money. Racing is a hobby. Two different goals. Just wouldn't be my plan. I don't agree with everything my boss does at the shop, though I'm not stopping him.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/12/13 10:04 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: 1 that factory was a death trap. Some areas of the factory were well setup, but many were dungeons. Lots of old unguarded gang drills and antique machinery. New product was being launched at other factories due to the lack of flexibility of the shop and workforce. 2 they are looking for an excuse to dump union. Highly unflexible aging workforce that fought chnsges tooth and nail. They were still batch processing like crazy. 3. No suppliers in the area to provide effective offload. Most larger companies have already subcontracted their nasty chemical plating and or striping. Remington still did a ton in house. That stuff is a massive liability and lawsuit bait. However it is sad to see them leave. That factory was amazing to explore. Very old and cool.

We have pretty much all that here and our state is rtw.....Plus, I'd be happy with new customers in the area.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/13/13 10:21 a.m.

I would love try to 3D print that 30 round magazine for the AR. I am going to have access to a 3D printer soon.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/13/13 10:23 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

download the file those guys posted......IIRC it was free

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/14/13 10:39 a.m.

think your 2A rights are safe in MO? not quite.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/missouri-democrats-intruduce-legislation-to-confiscate-firearms-gives-gunowners-90-days-to-turn-in-guns/

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/14/13 12:16 p.m.

link no worky for me

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/14/13 12:33 p.m.
yamaha wrote: link no worky for me

trust me.... you don't want to read it. My blood pressure jumped 20 points.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/14/13 12:33 p.m.
yamaha wrote: link no worky for me

works for me, but its a little slow to load

Edit: here's the MO house bill: http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0545I.HTM

SCARRMRCC
SCARRMRCC New Reader
2/14/13 12:43 p.m.

you know why things like this are proposed right? it because each side has to do the opposite of what they think the other side wants.

politics is about the game, and the fight, not about actually getting E36 M3 right.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
2/14/13 1:09 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: The goal of a business is to make money. Racing is a hobby. Two different goals. Just wouldn't be my plan. I don't agree with everything my boss does at the shop, though I'm not stopping him.

And? That's because you can't. So not a good point by you either.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
2/14/13 2:15 p.m.

Lets say you owned a business that sold Product A. Suppose there was a very small market segment that used your Product A to subjugate and destroy the market for Product A, with the end goal of eliminating the entire market for Product A except for their small segment. Would you sell to them?

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/14/13 2:19 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Lets say you owned a business that sold Product A. Suppose there was a very small market segment that used your Product A to subjugate and destroy the market for Product A, with the end goal of eliminating the entire market for Product A except for their small segment. Would you sell to them?

This.....I wouldn't on moral grounds. berkeley em.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
2/14/13 2:34 p.m.

Abuse of power here in the sunshine state

http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com/10115/no-machine-guns-suppressors-for-manatee-sarasota-county-residents/ MANATEE COUNTY – Manatee County Sheriff Brad Steube does not want anyone to have a suppressor, short-barrel rifle or machine gun in his county, even if they are legally acquired, federally registered and approved for purchase by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. So far, Steube has refused to sign every request that’s come across his desk, a document known as a BATF Form 4. “We receive approximately 50 per year, but the sheriff doesn’t sign any of them because he has no say so as to how the weapons will be used, or who may have access to the weapons,” Steube’s spokesperson Dave Bristow said in an email a while back. Florida is one of 39 states that allow private citizens to own short-barreled rifles, suppressors or fully-automatic weapons, as long as the purchaser passes a rigid background check, pays a $200 transfer tax per weapon and completes a BATF Form 4.
yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/14/13 2:45 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

I don't think it is an abuse per say, and I definitely don't agree with the guy, but thats part of how they've made it stupid with regulations. Thats the unfortunate part about having to have your local jurisdiction LEO sign off on it. Do note, those in cities in that county only have to go to their chief of police, those outside of city limits have to go to the sheriff.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/14/13 2:54 p.m.

hide yo 3D printers, too! NY State Rep proposing law banning 3D printed magazines

http://israel.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1133:rep-israel-to-introduce-legislation-to-prohibit-homemade-3-d-printed-magazines-along-with-plastic-guns&catid=57:2013-press-releases

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/14/13 3:06 p.m.

And this is why I feel NY can DIAF. Hell, 2/3's of the eastern seaboard sucks.

1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mzH6vDQs1DqH5oJXbMwdkKcz4QyYPE4if41q98RSRPLqD7Hjp8cJzeHu2Yu4xD21