8/16/20 1:23 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/16/20 1:25 p.m.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/20 1:29 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

No that guy fit the total stereotype of an older man who's only joy in life is to yell get off my lawn.  It was so surreal  and struck me as so over the top that I bet you I could pick him out of a lineup now 8 years later.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/16/20 1:52 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/16/20 4:36 p.m.

Pretty sure Stampie got it right the first time. 

Stampie (FS)
8/16/20 6:10 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

For those that wish to order it like me:

https://animet-shirt.com/shirt/team-there-it-is-the-in-team-hidden-right-in-the-hole-shirt/

No Time
No Time Dork
8/16/20 6:38 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

That is a rather interesting description they provide for the product

Stampie (FS)
8/16/20 7:33 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

Your right.  My paypal account may be empty now or I'll get a cool shirt.  I'll let yall know.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/20 7:54 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said: I also don't think the message should have anything to do with the guy being older, or that he had no sense of fun.  I can almost guarantee the store has policies he is supposed to enforce, and that he might just want to keep his job.

YMMV

The actual message should be: Your store policies don't mean anything to me. Throw me out (and lose my money forever) or leave me alone- because either the policy is worth throwing somebody out if they violate it OR  it doesn't matter and is just tinpot despotism. There is no middle ground.

No Time
No Time Dork
8/16/20 8:10 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to No Time :

Your right.  My paypal account may be empty now or I'll get a cool shirt.  I'll let yall know.

Been there, done that, didn't get the hockey jersey.

I made a similar mistake on a site offering jerseys at a price too good to be true. Luckily there was no financial impact. 

Let us know how it works out. The only reason I saw the description was that is was on the site to order a shirt.

Hopefully you get the T-shirt, or at least don't lose any money. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
8/16/20 8:16 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) said:
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said: I also don't think the message should have anything to do with the guy being older, or that he had no sense of fun.  I can almost guarantee the store has policies he is supposed to enforce, and that he might just want to keep his job.

YMMV

The actual message should be: Your store policies don't mean anything to me. Throw me out (and lose my money forever) or leave me alone- because either the policy is worth throwing somebody out if they violate it OR  it doesn't matter and is just tinpot despotism. There is no middle ground.

So if your kid fell off and hit his head, you're not holding them responsible right? Maybe it's policy for safety reasons. I'd bet some places wouldn't care if you don't come back if you're putting yourself and others at risk on their property. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/16/20 8:22 p.m.

YMMV

On a personal level, I completely agree. 

Unfortunately, I'm the guy who has to enforce absolutely ridiculous OSHA regs treating grown men like children, or lose my job. 

When the OSHA fines exceed 6 figures per violation, and an inspector shows up and finds 9 guys not wearing their safety glasses (that's 9 violations), there are very few options.

I much prefer a world that doesn't have stupid rules.  I don't live there. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
8/16/20 8:40 p.m.

You just made me feel much better about a decision I made years ago. Right out of college I was offered a job doing ISO and OSHA for roller maintenance in a steel mill, supervising union labor. They wanted me to sign a 10 year commitment. I figured how union guys would react to a twenty something telling them how to do their jobs was a one way ticket to a stomach ulcer and a brick through my windshield.

I did NOT take that job and kept looking for several more months which included relocating cities I was living and looking.

I think it was the right call. Instead I am on the government side of the bureaucracy and get to do some cool stuff.

Stampie (FS)
8/16/20 8:40 p.m.

No kids heads were damaged in that trip.  I did watch him face plant a few years later skateboarding after hitting a crack on a city road.  Yes he was wearing a helmet and yes he hit perfectly for it not to do a thing.  I didn't sue the city.  I hugged him in the middle of the road until he stopped crying then we laughed at the situation.

8/16/20 9:35 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

YMMV

So if your kid fell off and hit his head, you're not holding them responsible right? Maybe it's policy for safety reasons. I'd bet some places wouldn't care if you don't come back if you're putting yourself and others at risk on their property. 

I wouldn't let my kid ride it like a skateboard without a helmet. It's dangerous. 

But, assuming I did: Why would I hold them responsible for my kid falling? I think our berkeleyed up tort law and litigious culture needs a reset. I do think if a kid injures themselves doing something dumb the *PARENT* should be held responsible. 

8/16/20 9:42 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

I much prefer a world that doesn't have stupid rules.  I don't live there. 

Policies for employees or OSHA regs are not the policies I was talking about. I'm talking about corporate policies directed at consumers, like: no menu substitutions or no riding the carts like skateboards. 

If I want fruit instead of hash browns, give me fruit- I'll pay extra.  Also, try and stop me from riding your cart like a skateboard.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
8/16/20 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

I agree too, unfortunately there are so many people that would sue, they need to have a policy and enforce it, even if it costs them customers. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/16/20 9:45 p.m.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
8/16/20 10:45 p.m.

Todd_B
Todd_B New Spammer
8/17/20 4:46 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

haha, that's funny

STM317
STM317 UberDork
8/17/20 6:08 a.m.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
8/17/20 8:02 a.m.

Why would I hold them responsible for my kid falling?

It doesn't matter if you will.  Someone will.

And if your kid gets injured in a bad way and you are staring at 5 or 6 figure hospital bills, you may change your mind.  I'm sure a lot of people would.

Stampie (FS)
8/17/20 8:55 a.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/17/20 10:04 a.m.

If you don't get it, ask your Pokemon fan kids

1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 ... 1724

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8AVz9zvzrtk5JNLtIUdApB1mGpqkAk5J5Pnq7wrXWe2CPTOi11OK9kdz9rfzHZ01