1 2
mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/14/23 11:02 a.m.
jamesclay said:

My Joey Hand SEMA LEGO, VIR track map, valve as a reminder (not mine), amd other assorted things...

What did you cut into the hockey puck for? And assuming it is for a jack pad... Why off centered so much?

My desk is a typical ADHD desk. Always a mess. I currently have mail everywhere, hockey tape, my referee crest, a putter headcover, usb cable, 2 hockey pucks (unmodified), unused/not plugged in power strip, swiss army knife, leatherman, and a headlight polishing set that I meant to put to use 2 months ago when it arrived in the mail. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/14/23 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

They are from a series called "Take a Seat" by Raine. I guess they came out around the turn of the century. My business partner loaned me the Eames because I gave him a Minichamps car for his desk. They seem to be ceramic, heavy and detailed.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/23 1:31 p.m.

I have the screen for photoetching a circuit board my grandfather designed and built, including his radio call sign that I inherited.

Also a die-cast of an MX-5 Global Cup car. But not any Global Cup car, one of the original prototypes. And not any of the prototypes, but the one I came within a couple of weeks of running in the 2015 Targa Newfoundland. Such a missed opportunity.

The Commodore Business Machines calculator (which works on Polish notation and runs on a 9V battery) that I used in high school.

A couple of ball bearings that my high school girlfriend gave me as baoding stress balls. She bought them at the parts counter at a Caterpillar dealership, I wish I could have seen both sides of that transaction :)

Plus some old Soviet aircraft clocks, some Lego and a lava lamp.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
9/14/23 4:55 p.m.

My participant award from the 20th Solo II Nationals in 1992.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/14/23 5:38 p.m.
Shadeux said:

Chair for the gecko?

lnlogauge
lnlogauge Dork
9/15/23 10:39 a.m.

that was mostly printed with a ultimaker, which kinda sucked. I've been slowly rebuilding it using my Bambu Lab Carbon X1, which doesn't suck. Its berkeleying awesome actually. 

Shadeux
9/15/23 11:11 a.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Gecko? The Owl in the back?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/15/23 1:53 p.m.

Those who know their $2000 Challenge history might recognize this:

Shadeux
9/15/23 2:15 p.m.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/15/23 2:35 p.m.

Because if the interest here is the whole keyboard. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/23 3:35 p.m.

Y'alls desks are way too neat. If I put anything like that on my desk would get pushed off on the floor within a week. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/15/23 5:21 p.m.
Toyman! said:

Y'alls desks are way too neat. If I put anything like that on my desk would get pushed off on the floor within a week. 

At least for my pic, I zoomed in. My desk is currently a disaster with little room for much.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/16/23 6:32 p.m.
Shadeux said:

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Gecko? The Owl in the back?

I was thinking the Geico gecko. Been inundated by those commercials lately...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/16/23 9:45 p.m.

I got this from my Grandmother- it's from the Expo in Montreal in 1967 - she rarely left Chicago so I have no idea where she got it.  I believe back in the day Japan made the low cost tin toy cars too. 

It's funny to change it in the morning like now I can start my day cause it's been updated.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7Lv6iYprc6WQ09GbXlkiHnBEkarwqwU6kO14hJ1EMMtO0zFUKyMPiAZlo57Ku8BA