1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43
RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
8/1/12 1:41 a.m.

Ouch! That was...um...a rather sudden stop

mutant
mutant New Reader
8/1/12 7:16 a.m.

i have done that more than a few times! it was fun running that course...we might want tom have a "epic track challenge"with all the really long tracks sometime.....just a thought

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/1/12 1:01 p.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote: Ouch! That was...um...a rather sudden stop

Yeah, I was just trying to "sight-read" the place, started getting the hang of it, and then BANG! Only time I've ever had the entire car go red (damage status).

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/3/12 10:36 a.m.

E36 M3. I'm probably out for tonight. Crazy day at work tomorrow and I need to get a "real" 8 hours tonight. Have fun dudes!

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
8/3/12 10:38 a.m.

I've had no opportunity for practice time for this week. Unless I can squeeze in some lapping time immediately before, I think I am going to have to be out also, in the interest of not berkeleying up everyone else's race.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
8/3/12 10:52 a.m.

In reply to mutant:

+1

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
8/3/12 6:15 p.m.

I haven't had any practice or tuning tonight either. I'm grabbing food and a shower then should be on tuning a bit, and maybe practicing with using the clutch. But, here's what you all really want to see.

After Motegi:

Pole: Mutant Racing

Winner: Mutant Racing

Fastest Lap: Mutant Racing

Season Standings:

Mutant Racing - 115

AtticusTurbo27 - 100 TheBootsy - 100

Griffin729 - 58 Anti Stance - 58

Lainford Express - 56

Friedgrncorrado - 54

Racerfink - 44

Tazbuck - 43

Switchblade762 - 42

Duke of Understeer - 38

Paragon Player - 32

Poopshovel - 27

szeis4cookie - 23

thesaabstig - 18

Leeroy Jenkins - 16

RoadRaceDart - 15

Graefin10 - 7

DelayedPenalty - 6

Fit is Slo - 3

Smokin Ez - 1

TurboJavelin - 0

DustOffDave - 0

Lukenukemu - 0

Best Livery - No Votes Yet

I think I covered everything.

Anti Stance, you wanted a race? Seems I now need to defend my position.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/3/12 6:57 p.m.

Alright!!!! Tied for fourth!!! Lets do this Griffin!!!!!!

I am getting on now if anyone is interested

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
8/3/12 10:27 p.m.

After Silverstone:

Pole: Racerfink

Winner: TheBootsy

Fastest Lap: Racerfink

Season Standings:

TheBootsy - 125

Mutant Racing - 115

AtticusTurbo27 - 100

Griffin729 - 73

Friedgrncorrado - 64 Racerfink - 64

Anti Stance - 63

Lainford Express - 56

Switchblade762 - 48

Tazbuck - 43

Paragon Player - 40

Duke of Understeer - 38

Poopshovel - 27

szeis4cookie - 26

thesaabstig - 18

Leeroy Jenkins - 16

RoadRaceDart - 15

Slushbox - 14

DelayedPenalty - 10

Graefin10 - 7

Fit is Slo - 3

Smokin Ez - 1

TurboJavelin - 0

DustOffDave - 0

Lukenukemu - 0

Best Livery - Slushbox 2 votes

We've also gotten votes from Catalunya for Redline's Sahlen's livery.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
8/3/12 10:33 p.m.

Wish I could have joined you guys. Serious connectivity problems, almost no upload speed. Talking to my ISP in the morning

Redline
Redline New Reader
8/4/12 12:43 a.m.

Holy SHeeeeiiiiiii!!! 8th in standings! I would have never thought I would get that high! Tonight's race was fast, and darn good racing. 7th qual, 7th finish. Not oo bad for a fast track for the little Sahlen's Mazda 2.

The Sahlen's livery took a lot of time between myself and 'nyr messier', a master graphics guy. we both worked on the original livery for my Mazda RX8-R3 for the Grand Am series. He worked a lot of the stuff, then would send me the templates, then I would touch them up and send them back over a two week period. After the basic livery graphics were done we both worked on the RX8 until it was done. After that, the little Mazda 2 needed a good livery and I thought, why not, it looks that good courtesy of 'nyr messier'. The lightning bolt pattern, easy, just a little work. Graphics...well, two weeks for the entire page of graphics. The original TN Fender plate(it's a GO 1000 paid for, TN will have them in three months) too me 8 hours but the Mazda 2 won;t fit it without the heavier exec rear bumper cover. I will pass on the huge thank you for the votes to my good friend nyr messier as well. Thank you for taking the time to look at it and enjoy our work.

We missed many of you tonight. Darn good race gents!

friedgreencorrado
8/4/12 12:57 a.m.

Replay should be up on my storefront..seems to have everything but the final lap. Non-scientific study seems to say that anything longer than 40min will not be recorded.

Redline
Redline New Reader
8/4/12 12:58 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: ... some dude who had YOUR CAR, complete with number placard, GRM stickers, etc., who had never raced with us. On the 4th lap, he was in first place by a mile, until he slowed to a crawl for me to catch up and brake-checked me hard in the turn, and I tagged him. After getting through the turn, knowing it was technically my fault, I pulled over and slowed for him to pass, at which point he freaking tee'd up on me and slammed into me...

The old Red '2' livery? Dark red? OG Sinister 13 That would be a friend who I race within the abc lobby. Had I known he was racing dirty, I would have asked him to leave and not come back. He showed interest in the B-Spec, so I asked if he would like to participate, as has another racer who I know(noodles)

My only goal, and wish is to race fast, and clean. My lap times on Motegi had several clean laps at a :43 - :46, where the fast cars were :41's. I came pretty darn close to quitting that race when I hit you, I was pissed at myself for that enough to do so, but then I said, hell no race it, you started it, so 1500 feet back away I went, mostly dirty laps trying to go just a little faster, then a clean one trying to slow down to go faster, but that 1500 feet never got shorter.

I open up a practice lobby...usually every night after dinner around about 1930 - 2000 central or so. I'll invite the team whenever I do it because I know one thing. The more racers we have in practice, the better we get as a team. The pace lap is looking damn good, nice, tight pack, and first corner drama due to that!

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
8/4/12 3:23 a.m.

Great race everyone. I qualified 4th and finished 6th I think, hard fought to take that last position too in the last few laps of the race (who was I chasing?).

I got caught up in traffic on the first few laps, following the "treat them like real cars" motto trying not to hit anyone in front of me but wasn't able to catch up after slowing down. Of course I made some mistakes along the way including a really slow pit stop.

I've been meaning to ask a silly question, what is the maximum pit entry speed? I've been slowing way down to make sure I don't screw it up but this race it really cost me a few positions so I should figure this out.

I'm looking forward to the next one, heck it's the last one, so really exciting. Now, I really hope I can join you guys for the next series but later in the evening as I'm on PST and this one's been hard to schedule.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
8/4/12 4:11 a.m.

Got stuck moving someone's kitchen, and missed the race. Dammit. :/

friedgreencorrado
8/4/12 6:13 p.m.

BREAKING NEWS!!

(via simracingnews.org)

The Council of Motorsport Clubs has determined that Fried Green Corrado has tested positive for performance enhancing substances in the Unofficial Forza B Spec Championship race at the Silverstone International Circuit on Friday, Aug. 3, 2012. Present in the "A" sample were traces of NSAIDs, caffine, docusate sodium, fumaric acid, lactose monohydrate, and potassium chloride. Dr. Richard Petty made the announcement late Saturday afternoon. "These chemicals are consistent with the composition of BC brand pain relief powders. Since Goody's is a partial sponsor of the series, this is unacceptable.", he said.

Initial reaction is tepid. When asked for an opinion, Tim Suddard, Director of the Council of Motorsport Clubs replied, "Meh." Marjorie Suddard, General Manager of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine (the Council's parent organization) said, "Bring up CMC in my presence again, and you'll be sleeping under the patio!"

When confronted with the news of the failed test, Mr. Corrado replied, "I am a native rural Southerner who loved road racing. I was traumatized as a young child by an interview with Dr. Petty during an ABC broadcast of the Monaco Grand Prix in the mid-1970s. In that interview, he called road racing a foreign sport. Since I wasn't a NASCAR Hater, I had no alternative but to vent my anger towards Goody's. They taste like they have more salt in them than a BC does, anyway.."

As this article goes to press, it appears that there will be no penalties or suspension, due to the complete indifference of the sanctioning body, and the loss of the "B" sample. It is rumored to have been tossed into the Atlantic Ocean by Ms. Suddard "..with all the other CMC E36 M3.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuE8XyL7tQw

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
8/4/12 6:52 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: BREAKING NEWS!! (via simracingnews.org) The Council of Motorsport Clubs has determined that Fried Green Corrado has tested positive for performance enhancing substances in the Unofficial Forza B Spec Championship race at the Silverstone International Circuit on Friday, Aug. 3, 2012. Present in the "A" sample were traces of NSAIDs, caffine, docusate sodium, fumaric acid, lactose monohydrate, and potassium chloride. Dr. Richard Petty made the announcement late Saturday afternoon. "These chemicals are consistent with the composition of BC brand pain relief powders. Since Goody's is a partial sponsor of the series, this is unacceptable.", he said. Initial reaction is tepid. When asked for an opinion, Tim Suddard, Director of the Council of Motorsport Clubs replied, "Meh." Marjorie Suddard, General Manager of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine (the Council's parent organization) said, "Bring up CMC in my presence again, and you'll be sleeping under the patio!" When confronted with the news of the failed test, Mr. Corrado replied, "I am a native rural Southerner who loved road racing. I was traumatized as a young child by an interview with Dr. Petty during an ABC broadcast of the Monaco Grand Prix in the mid-1970s. In that interview, he called road racing a foreign sport. Since I wasn't a NASCAR Hater, I had no alternative but to vent my anger towards Goody's. They taste like they have more salt in them than a BC does, anyway.." As this article goes to press, it appears that there will be no penalties or suspension, due to the complete indifference of the sanctioning body, and the loss of the "B" sample. It is rumored to have been tossed into the Atlantic Ocean by Ms. Suddard "..with all the other CMC E36 M3.." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuE8XyL7tQw

And here we thought it was Barley Pops all along Who Da thunk it LOL!

DelayedPenalty
DelayedPenalty New Reader
8/4/12 7:20 p.m.

I think the Kia experiment will be a 1 race deal. Back to the Fit for EightFive Motorsports!

Redline
Redline New Reader
8/6/12 6:01 p.m.

<--- moron...where's the 'clutch' information we were talking about?

friedgreencorrado
8/6/12 6:07 p.m.

In reply to Redline:

P.39, or I could repost it (h/t The Bootsy):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMh6iQeVYJI

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
8/10/12 1:11 p.m.

So the last race of the season is tonight? Man, guess the next time I start a race series, I better participate in it! I promise the next series will be awesome! And i will try and make it "Official" haha.

Who is going to win the "Unofficial Forza 4 Spec B Championship World Wrestling Championship Do You Smell What The Rock Is Cooking Austin 3:16 Plastic 10 Year Old Belt?"

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/10/12 1:31 p.m.

The bootsy has it in the bag.

TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
8/10/12 2:49 p.m.

Geekspeed
Geekspeed Reader
8/10/12 3:27 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: So the last race of the season is tonight? Man, guess the next time I start a race series, I better participate in it! I promise the next series will be awesome! And i will try and make it "Official" haha. Who is going to win the "Unofficial Forza 4 Spec B Championship World Wrestling Championship Do You Smell What The Rock Is Cooking Austin 3:16 Plastic 10 Year Old Belt?"

Whhaaaaaa!!!???!! And I JUST ordered my Xbox!!!!! I wanna race in B-Spec!!!!!

When does the next series start and what is it gonna be?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
8/10/12 4:12 p.m.

If you've ever talked about beating racerfink, and how it would make your XBox day, tonight might just be the chance to do it.

Coming off a five day hospital stay where they found a blood clot in his right lung, racerfink will attempt to race tonight, though he's not sure if he'll fall asleep in the middle of the race or not.

See y'all tonight guys...zzzzzzzzz

1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VCq7gYTwc9cLV3rty9GBQzS45kEzHTkF2do3n0KZilfvJ4nTxuNfwjiYPpQM7VDd