Duke MegaDork
5/23/24 5:21 p.m.
Gary
Gary PowerDork
5/23/24 8:19 p.m.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/24 1:17 a.m.

The Avengers credit songs at the end of the movie - Soundgarden - Live to Rise. Somewhere there was a thread about songs with a great bass part. I can't remember the thread name and can't find it but this song is for you.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/25/24 9:05 a.m.

In reply to VolvoHeretic :

I've probably posted this before, but this one has a great bass part as well:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/25/24 2:54 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/30/24 4:13 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/31/24 11:22 a.m.

Offered with no further comment:

Gary
Gary PowerDork
5/31/24 9:30 p.m.

Gary
Gary PowerDork
5/31/24 10:54 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/3/24 3:25 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/3/24 5:00 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/4/24 11:19 a.m.

A month or so ago (I believe) Sirius/XM finally realized that we were still getting their service free in Baby Shark (The Dancer's newer Colorado) and put an end to that, forcing us to actually start paying for it. The slight good thing of that was that before I'd not been able to use the app/web page to stream stations and now we can (giving us access to a much larger variety of stations than before as well). As a result of this I poked around a bit and came across Channel 33: 1st Wave, which plays Classic Alternative & New Wave music, including having a fun continuous mix in the mornings. The Dancer typically listens to SXM's Alternative stations, which I like but isn't as fond of the older/New Wave as I am (probably due to my having been born in the mid-70's vs. her early 80's), so I've been listening to it a lot at my desk while working.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/4/24 12:05 p.m.

Cannonball Adderley today. When it comes to jazz, he’s my center. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/4/24 1:04 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

If you haven't already, also consider Jimmy Smith, Les McCann, and Galt McDermot.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/24 10:56 p.m.
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/24 11:13 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I'm a huge Larnell Lewis, Devon Taylor and Chris Moten fan, with regards to current performers. I dream of Khruangbin doing an album with brass accompanyment. I'll also shout out the Baltimore Jazz festival, Philly and Atlanta scenes and HBCU marching band programs, especially Florida A&T and high school music programs everywhere for turning out amazing musicians. I'm fortunate enough to split time less than 10 mi from Peabody Institute and less than 90 minutes by train to the Kennedy Center and less than 2 hours away by train to Wolf Trap. And the other area I split time in is the Pacific Northwest. I only mention that to say that good news music and amazing live music performers not only survived the pandemic, they got better. The talent and art produced by people at a high level that we now get to hear performed is astounding. Get out to a show of something new to you, artist and even genre wise. 

​​​​​​Jazz, blues, aero beat and soul are now some of my favorite genres to hear live, funk was always on on the list for me, but good live funk is out there again. I know that I'm off on a tangent, but I just want to encourage people to get out and listen to artists who are out there performing because the current performers are as good as anything that I can ever recall and I worked for IMP (primarily at 9:30 Club for 2 and 1/2 years and worked for Sheffield Studios even longer. Live music is as good as it ever has been right now, and we've lost some amazing performers in the past 5 years, so go see the ones that you can see, because you never know when you're not going to be able to any longer. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/5/24 10:00 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/5/24 11:15 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/5/24 12:40 p.m.
StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
6/5/24 3:53 p.m.

I have to admit, I've been listening to some dirty dirty girls rapping/pop lately. wink Not safe for work, or anywhere really. If you play the censored versions, you're a sissy. If you're not a sissy and maybe alone, I suggest the videos too. lol

Playlist below by artist:

Saweetie-My Type

Megan Thee Stallion-Cobra and Savage

Doja Cat-Demons, Juicy, Like That, Streets, and Rules (Doja is a household favorite here blush)

Doja and Saweetie-Best Friend

Iggy Azalea-Fancy, Team, and Work

Latto-Big Energy

Coi Leray-Players

Lizzo-Juice and Boys

Fergie-MILF $

Big Boss Vette-Pretty Girls Walk

Lil' Debbie-Break It Down

You're welcome

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/5/24 4:10 p.m.

This was a local band that made listening to punk a lot easier for non-punk people like myself.

I heard it in the gym this morning and, well, you know what happens with catchy tunes

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/5/24 8:04 p.m.
Duke said:

Little segue here, in case anybody didn't get enough pedal steel today:

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/6/24 9:43 a.m.

This morning, X. 

Gary
Gary PowerDork
6/8/24 9:15 p.m.

I worked at our annual (BMCNE) British car show in Bristol, RI, all day today and listened to 60's British rock on the loudspeakers the entire time. I'm not complaining. It was great. I think I have a better appreciation of that music at this age than I did then.

Now I'm home sipping wine with Annie and listening to 60's and 70's rock on our SONOS speakers.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/10/24 8:55 a.m.
1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 ... 246

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h3AubGedO3WyKOHav9WZO9a3cTgPTXeMEyWXNLEnRp99A293hXgfgMsTTyYauxvc