1 2 3 4 5
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
3/9/12 6:33 p.m.

Oops, I jumped to a conclusion there. Well then, it's Mr. Baxter.

stroker
stroker HalfDork
3/9/12 6:36 p.m.

would this require relocation?

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
3/9/12 6:59 p.m.

I'd LOVE to have a job at GRM. I'm sure it beats working at Publix

corytate
corytate Dork
3/9/12 8:04 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Maybe he means Tim Baxter and not Tim Suddard.

Oh, Snap!
(somebody gave me the honor, so I figured I'd pass it on)

chaparral
chaparral Reader
3/10/12 1:25 a.m.

Miataman86, why not write up a sample article and try out?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/10/12 11:39 a.m.

Thanks, everyone, for the interest in the position. Consider this post to be a "bump" for the weekend crowd.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
3/10/12 12:20 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
corytate wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
darkbuddha wrote: Does being fat rule me out? And that is not a rhetorical question.
Starting a sentence with "and" is more likely to filter you out than being a huge monster.
When used sparingly, starting a sentence with a conjunction is a useful literary device to highlight the sentence by making it stand out.
Oh Snap!

But* you should listen to your high school English teacher unless you can copy everything else Hemmingway was able to get away with.

*smug sarcasm secreted sublimely

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
3/10/12 12:27 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote:
Funny thing, though—Tim and I are about to go out and put a new Grand Cherokee Overland Summit through its paces...
For this I'd fire you and be looking for two staffers. You're not going testing anything with "Tim", you're going testing with "Dad", or "my father" if you want to keep your job in my fantasy world !

I grew up in a family business. It is better for all involved for names to be used versus relationships, in the context of business IMO. "I'm going on a test drive with Tim." = legitimate business. "I'm going on a test drive with dad." = What kind of 2-bit operation is this?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
3/10/12 12:37 p.m.

^exactly. At work he's Tim, my boss.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/10/12 1:05 p.m.

Have you ever considered opening a satellite branch in Connecticut?

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
3/11/12 12:54 p.m.
Woody wrote: Have you ever considered opening a satellite branch in Connecticut?

I'm in pa. Maybe split the difference. Northern NJ close enough for you?

phinz
phinz New Reader
3/11/12 12:59 p.m.
But* you should listen to your high school English teacher unless you can copy everything else Hemmingway was able to get away with. *smug sarcasm secreted sublimely

But* you should have paid attention to your high school English teacher when she wrote Hemingway on the chalkboard with one m, not two.

*self-satisfied supercilious sarcasm scrawled socially

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
3/11/12 2:27 p.m.

Oh lord, the penultimate dream job for a car scribbler. Or should I have said "apex"?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
3/11/12 3:06 p.m.
phinz wrote:
But* you should listen to your high school English teacher unless you can copy everything else Hemmingway was able to get away with. *smug sarcasm secreted sublimely
But* you should have paid attention to your high school English teacher when she wrote Hemingway on the chalkboard with one m, not two. *self-satisfied supercilious sarcasm scrawled socially

Nice! I should have said F. Scott Fitzgerald.

But* I'm not applying for the job. And maybe I meant Mariel. So there.

*superfluous snarky secondary snipe stated succinctly

corytate
corytate Dork
3/11/12 3:49 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: *superfluous snarky secondary snipe stated succinctly

best

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
3/11/12 3:53 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: But* you should listen to your high school English teacher unless you can copy everything else Hemmingway was able to get away with.

what's a Hemmingway?

phinz
phinz New Reader
3/11/12 5:35 p.m.
But* I'm not applying for the job. And maybe I meant Mariel. So there. *superfluous snarky secondary snipe stated succinctly

But* Mariel is Papa's granddaughter, so you'd still spell it with one m.

*alliterative awesomeness always attributed accurately and appropriately

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/12/12 6:16 a.m.
phinz wrote:
But* I'm not applying for the job. And maybe I meant Mariel. So there. *superfluous snarky secondary snipe stated succinctly
But* Mariel is Papa's granddaughter, so you'd still spell it with one m. *alliterative awesomeness always attributed accurately and appropriately

Loving latest literary lampooning.

And did I mention that this board rocks more than any other in the world?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/12/12 9:30 a.m.

Define "average" photography skills.

Average for a photographer, average for a hobbyist or just plain old average?

Pity I probably can't afford to take this position.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/12/12 9:46 a.m.
BoostedBrandon wrote: Where abouts is GRM HQ? The Gainesville area?

Boy I wish.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/12/12 10:50 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Define "average" photography skills. Average for a photographer, average for a hobbyist or just plain old average?

Plain old average.

phinz
phinz New Reader
3/12/12 9:44 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Plain old average.

I have that. And I have my own equipment. No L lenses, but I can shoot more than snapshots and am always willing to learn more.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
3/13/12 9:45 a.m.

Well I did used to own a photography studio, but writing for TV for 12 years obliterated my ability to write coherently. My college writing professor would have been horrified! Why commas were thrown in for breath pauses instead of grammer issues...the horror of it all!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury PowerDork
3/13/12 9:53 a.m.

unnecessary comas arent nearly as bad as "UNNECESSARY QUOTES"...one of my favorite literary faux-pas

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
3/13/12 10:44 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Oh lord, the penultimate dream job for a car scribbler. Or should I have said "apex"?

If this is the penultimate dream job, what's the ultimate dream job?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AEoEzYcklXHAJje9825DFRQ16W5Jc6mfdK7JZCWmGZBjaEfAuuta8Y93BkIB9M63