1 2
kpm
kpm Reader
11/16/10 3:15 p.m.

Don't forget Mrs. Force !!

NGTD
NGTD HalfDork
11/16/10 8:03 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: And hiring Coil like he did was a stroke of genius and the biggest bet I've seen someone win.

In order to stay on top as long as they have Force and Coil must do a ton of development.

Can you imagine all the E36 M3 they have blown up over all these years????

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/16/10 8:56 p.m.

I want to meet him and Teddy Roosevelt. Have them both over for dinner to see who could out bombast the other. John's the best!

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
11/17/10 6:06 a.m.
NGTD wrote:
tuna55 wrote: And hiring Coil like he did was a stroke of genius and the biggest bet I've seen someone win.
In order to stay on top as long as they have Force and Coil must do a ton of development. Can you imagine all the E36 M3 they have blown up over all these years????

I agree, but I think this year's success can be linked directly to Mike Neff.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
11/17/10 6:09 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
NGTD wrote:
In order to stay on top as long as they have Force and Coil must do a ton of development. Can you imagine all the E36 M3 they have blown up over all these years????
I agree, but I think this year's success can be linked directly to Mike Neff.

They definitely were missing something last year and I am sure Neff helped get it back, but I won't ever say that Coil isn't the best tuner out there by himself. Neff has a long way to go before he gets that sort of experience under his belt. That being said, how awesome of a team is it that can shuffle major responsibilities like that without any remorse or ill feelings towards another. See Medlan and Ace for another example of this. High class guys.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
11/17/10 6:39 a.m.

Again, I agree, except that Coil himself said that Neff was the difference this year. I'm sure it's a team effort, as it seems like it's always been with Force Racing.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
11/17/10 1:39 p.m.
tuna55
tuna55 Dork
11/17/10 8:28 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: Wow. You Need To Click Here

If I came back to my house after work and it was on fire, I'd probably just stand there with my mouth hanging open. Same here. The guy has tuned more championships than ANYONE else. I can't imagine why he'd go. Michael Jordanseque? leaving on the top of his game?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/10 8:35 p.m.

Did you read the article? The man is tired of non-stop work and wants to screw off for awhile, and then maybe tune his wife's nostalgic flopper. I'd say he earned it!

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Dork
11/18/10 12:15 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: The guy has tuned more championships than ANYONE else. I can't imagine why he'd go. Michael Jordanseque? leaving on the top of his game?

Elvis vs Stevie Ray Vaughn

No-one wants to go out at the bottom of their game.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
11/18/10 6:10 a.m.
Javelin wrote: Did you read the article? The man is tired of non-stop work and wants to screw off for awhile, and then maybe tune his wife's nostalgic flopper. I'd say he earned it!

I don't think anyone said he shouldn't do it or doesn't deserve it. I did read the article, and don't disagree that he's earned it, but it's still a surprise.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/18/10 6:40 a.m.

I can't imagine keeping up with that maniac for 20+ years

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Br0vBKJ3CeQAkNpnlYV8OGRLrJ77E30QAoE1YgY5GjDNpqgvVjn643S3k4RqyUnO