1 2 3 4
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/3/19 10:47 p.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to STM317 :

Concurrentpoint? Sorry, I was trying to help and used the wrong word lol. You got my drift though.

Any more word on the MR Veloster N?!?

If I were a betting man, from some other articles I've read, I wouldn't put my own money on it coming to fruition. 

Especially not at $40k with a manual gearbox. IIRC, they are already developing their own 8-spd DCT.

Ozzy
Ozzy New Reader
1/6/20 6:22 p.m.

Yeah, I would drive it.  I am currently 9 months into owning a R-Spec & really love that car.  I plan on putting our youngest in it when he gets his license in a few years.  Hyundai has really stepped up their game when so many of the other manufacturers have left us hanging out cold.  I think it would be fun to have this & one of the last RWD Z06 or ZR1 to run around in.  

Error404
Error404 Reader
1/7/20 9:18 p.m.

I looked pretty hard at the Veloster a few months back, I really dig the way the rally edition reads, but I just can't get over the body design. The hatch looks undersized and that little horizontal tuck-in that they're all doing nowadays is like rubbing my eye with a halved jalapeno. The roof peaks oddly and the car just, overall, looks awkward to me. I wanted to like them, since I thought my car might be getting totaled, but even with a very tempting rally edition for sale a few hours away, I just couldn't get over the obnoxious design. Performance is great, and the perforamnce-y Velosters seem to provide "fun" levels of performance quite handily, but they look like they loose out to utility to my GTI and I actually want to like the look of the car I drive. Some people love it, more power to ya, but until they do something about the super contemporary design I won't be a fan. (Plus the pointless incorporation of push button start as a "feature" but, that's a separate issue)

Excluding that, making it mid-engined at an affordable price point is laudible. They have the R-Spec, Rally, N, and then this new mid-engine model and I applaud them moving in on the market that others can't seem to get away from fast enough. And they don't have the stupidly high beltlines that are so en vogue which, you guessed it, is laudible. The track warranty and explicit explanation of allowed and disallowed mods is nothing short of amazing. Hyundai seems to be doing a lot right with the Veloster, they just need to fix the tiny hatch. And a couple other minor details.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2SktW82485KOZv0NQZj0Ra2t4Z4DqaUfLWnATXirEDWhBSfF00bUMqOjrFfS1mm7