1 2 3 4
Junkers
Junkers New Reader
10/13/22 6:05 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

Junkers
Junkers New Reader
10/13/22 6:28 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Women are more honest about their feelings? Have you ever had a women tell you she's fine? laugh

Hate SHOULD be unnecessary. But hate can be good. I try not to use hate towards people. I'm not going to give anything more of myself to such a person. I move on (as best I can.)

I reserve the word hate and its connotations for worthy things. Things like Racism, and misogyny, and child abuse. Things that deserve to be destroyed. But a person? Na, not worth it.

Tell me she's fine when she's not?  Sure I have.  In some cases I may've said, "why are you lying?"  If you think about it, she is being honest with her feelings because you DEFINITELY get the message but the words tell you the opposite.  Many times talking with her about it makes her more upset.  I simply take it as an invitation to poke, prod, or tease it out of her.  "We have ways of making you talk, Mr. Bond."  It's more fun and lets her vent out the bad juju. 

edit to clarify above:  I'm saying that when her words go opposite of her body language, you have to speak to her in other ways outside of words because she just closed the door on words until she's ready for words again.  And let's not make anything dirty about that because I don't mean for you to take advantage of her.

Hate is bad energy and you can't have both bad and good energy and live long to tell about it.  It's unnecessary and destroys people - mostly the guy who uses it.  I get what you're saying though.  Hate is just so ineffective.  There are better ways than to gin-up hate energy to get motivated.  It's like asking the devil for help and like the mafia there's always a big price to pay for that help.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
10/13/22 7:25 p.m.
Junkers said:

Good Lord!  If your wife needs that kind of support each day, something's wrong.  She should be strong enough to need about one "I love you" a year without resenting you for not giving so infrequently.  Do me a favor and try telling her this: "I forgive you for everything wrong you've done to me."  If that makes you quake in fear for losing her, something's wrong.  

I find this hilarious:

A. My wife doesn't need anything from me. I adore and let her know every day. Besides she makes homemade pasta...........and that's all the appreciation I need.  

B. Forgive her............for what? She's a friggin saint.  She supports this stupid idiot hobby of mine. 

C. She's hot.............and after 32 years of it working well I surely won't be taking advise from some dude on the internet.

So bringing this back to David's original post whether it's your wife or a friend sometimes all they really you need is to know someone is thinking about them.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/13/22 8:02 p.m.

In reply to Junkers :

"I never called you out personally for calling me any name."

Well I was one of the only two people you could have been talking about when you said two people called you names, so you might be able to see how I confused that. 

" I was saying, "why fawn over your friends - they could be scumbags"

when taken in context, us normal humans find that a very negative statement.

You did a bit better at phrasing your last few posts in a way us less enlightened, less intelligent people can understand. But still way above my simple head. What I did get, this round, is you are talking about stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the article written. 
I'll step out completely, and allow the thread to continue. 
(this means, incase you don't understand us lower life forms, no need to reply to me, I'll not be a part of... whatever this is)

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
10/13/22 8:39 p.m.

I'll skip the details but my wife went to check on a friend today and ended up having to call an ambulance................. So yeah check on your friends.

Junkers
Junkers New Reader
10/14/22 4:37 p.m.

ralleah
ralleah GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/14/22 4:51 p.m.

There's a lot of talk about women in here from folks that aren't women. Lets not do that in this thread, please.

Junkers
Junkers New Reader
10/14/22 5:08 p.m.

Junkers
Junkers New Reader
10/14/22 5:10 p.m.

Junkers
Junkers New Reader
10/14/22 5:39 p.m.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
10/14/22 7:20 p.m.

In reply to Junkers :

I find no respectful way to answer your diatribe so all I can say is.............dude your on crack.

EDIT:

This post was a wonderful "spare a thought for a fellow human being" you'd do well to stick with that. 

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/14/22 9:54 p.m.

Wow - three heavy hitters

Kas Kastner, Kirk F. White and Mike Cook!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/14/22 9:57 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Easy to explain. Everything he says is correct, even if he has to change the subject and introduce random info to "prove" it. He can automatically know everything about our thoughts, motivations and relationships, even if he has to make it all up. He knows how much smarter than all of us, so it's ok to be condensending, cause he's the only one who understands, and we're just emotionally stunted. 
And it's ok for him to interject random info, since nothing was related to O. P.'s post in the first place. 
What little I was smart enough to understand, that's what I got. 
Or maybe he knows me so well (advanced beings can read my mind, right?) that I'm just too emotionally damaged to understand him, like he told me)

Maybe if we all never respond to his drivel, he'll stop. One can hope. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/14/22 11:23 p.m.
Junkers said:

I'll just put one simple question out there.  Drop all of your emotions and resentments and answer it honestly and plainly.

Why do humans need love?

They don't need it. It helps make life a lot better though.  They want it.  

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
10/15/22 12:03 a.m.

So I took David's advice; my best friend past away 7 months ago and I hadn't talked to his wife for a couple of months. I called her tonight and we're  going to stop and see her tomorrow.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/15/22 12:45 a.m.
Tom1200 said:

So I took David's advice; my best friend past away 7 months ago and I hadn't talked to his wife for a couple of months. I called her tonight and we're  going to stop and see her tomorrow.

Oh, no! She could be a scumbag, and fawning over her would... well, I have no clue what it would do. 
Personally, I think she will apreacate it. 

Ok, I'll try to stop, now!laugh

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
10/15/22 11:56 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I was best man at their wedding and yes she appreciates it. 

ralleah
ralleah GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/16/22 1:00 a.m.

That's great, Tom :)

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/16/22 4:55 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

In reply to 03Panther :

I was best man at their wedding and yes she appreciates it. 

I assume you know I was just being silly... (is that a good word for it?) 

All reasonable folks know you're doing a good thing. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
10/16/22 6:16 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

The satire was not lost on me.......and it was appreciated given a Mr Amateur Frued's posts.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/16/22 8:31 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Tom1200 :

Which reminds me, I need to check up on my buddy Big Ry.

Big Ry is doing well.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
10/16/22 9:13 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

My buddies widow is doing as best as can be expected; we spent about an hour with her.

Kudos to David for the original post.

Junkers
Junkers New Reader
10/17/22 11:29 a.m.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/22 3:41 p.m.
Junkers said:

Show/hide post

Why do people fawn over their friends/family, whether living or dead?  It's a waste of time and it sets you up to fail by causing you to fall to judgement.  Worse yet, you get trapped into feeding a dirty ego - first yours so you can hope for them to feed yours. 

It may be a Polish saying - i don't remember - but it seems to fit the bill here, "Every monster has a lover."

I'm sorry for whoever hurt you, it must be very painful. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
10/17/22 4:10 p.m.

"I came for the cars and stayed for the people"

Racers are good people and I love hanging out with them...............they're worth checking in on.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iwtwJE0oZKTsRYRzZpo8zOofiDhu3yJNOSxwTSACQ6YI0gWtpq6LWCTzFiKyd4kK