Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/7/14 9:25 a.m.

Tow in style. Live in style. I do want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141158330956?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D141158330956%26_rdc%3D1

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
1/7/14 10:18 a.m.

From what little i know, the worst thing about those trucks is the cab. I think if i was building one to spend time in i would enlarge the cab somehow. Still, it's a pretty neat vehicle.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
1/7/14 10:29 a.m.

that's really nice. If I lived where there was enough open land to overland or free range camp it might be very tempting. Also, that might be the ONLY vehicle you could drive out of Boise, Idaho this week without any difficulty at all.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
1/7/14 10:44 a.m.

Looks cool, but 54mph top speed, sparse (to put it mildly) interior, and the constant noise of a diesel up against the governor all add up to a big "no thanks" for me.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/7/14 11:11 a.m.

Cool, but mostly sticks me back into daydreaming of a 416 Unimog with newer diesel, highway gears, and a radio box fitted out with oak or walnut paneling and cabinetry befitting a Victorian library (or pub)...

Sigh...

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
1/7/14 12:25 p.m.

It's a slide-in put in the back of a 6x6 and painted olive drab. I like the truck a lot but the whole thing looks like a hillbilly's idea of a nice RV. Disguising that it's a slide-in might make it look cool.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/7/14 12:34 p.m.

Hearing protection would be a must with the ebay one but you could drive it just about anywhere. I think this one would be better. The sides slide out to make it wider and the cab is a little better place to live than the ebay one.

This one would be very nice: AC, much bigger cab and better seats but it will be some time before they are priced very low.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/9/14 6:47 a.m.

Looks incredibly cool, but I've driven one.

I'd rather a boiling oil enema.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
1/9/14 7:17 a.m.

And despite being a diesel, isn't fuel mileage for a duece and a half somewhere down in the low single-digit range?

Still... I have this day dream of owning a place up in the snowy mtns and getting a half-track version as a snow-vehicle for runnign into town...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/14 7:19 a.m.

I'd rather put the slide in, or better yet a small airstream on a 4x4 medium duty gmc or international. I don't think I would want to drive far in a worn out army truck

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
1/9/14 7:39 a.m.

The less extreme version:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/14 8:34 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZB9qqWfDQ7vtTuHdVzO8yOxmLx6pH25clC9AgcTkWSwSMxzTqTLOm123rL4aJU0S