1 2
bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
3/1/10 11:49 a.m.

The Bodine Bobsled Project backed by Jegs and others put racing Tech to that Sled!!!!

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/1/10 12:04 p.m.

See, NASCAR IS good for something! I love what these guys have done with bobsleds. A whole lot of smarts there.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/1/10 12:08 p.m.

There must be something wrong with me, the first thing I thought of is a bottle of cheapass wine even the winos won't touch.

Sorry.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
3/1/10 12:10 p.m.
914Driver wrote: There must be something wrong with me, the first thing I thought of is a bottle of cheapass wine even the winos won't touch. Sorry.

"That Night Train is a beat wine." - Jake Blues

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/1/10 12:11 p.m.
914Driver wrote: There must be something wrong with me, the first thing I thought of is a bottle of cheapass wine even the winos won't touch. Sorry.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/1/10 12:14 p.m.

Dub Dub Double Po POST.... That stuff is gining me the shakes just looking at it.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/1/10 12:18 p.m.

You're obviously not serving it cold enough.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
3/1/10 12:20 p.m.

One of these nights I need to get blind drunk on Thunderbird... just to say I did.

I've never even seen it for sale, though.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/10 12:29 p.m.

It turns your teef black.

Bum Wines.com

mk2mer
mk2mer New Reader
3/1/10 12:32 p.m.

See, I went a different direction: That crappy GNR song. "I'm on the night train.... I'm on the night train.... I'm on the night train, never to retuuuuurrrrrnnnn...."

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
3/1/10 12:43 p.m.

The Night Train I first thought of is the old Jimmy Forrest blues tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxqQxJt_LQI

The bobsled run was pretty cool too, although that skintight racing suit on the driver was a bit much for me.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
3/1/10 12:57 p.m.

Was there a Harley called a night train?

Joey

slefain
slefain Dork
3/1/10 12:59 p.m.

How about a Midnight Express:

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/1/10 1:02 p.m.
joey48442 wrote: Was there a Harley called a night train? Joey

Yep.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
3/1/10 1:08 p.m.

My friend always wanted one. I knew there was a Harley night-something-or-other.

Joey

bludroptop
bludroptop Dork
3/1/10 1:17 p.m.
Wally wrote: You're obviously not serving it cold enough.

Frozen like a popcicle wouldn't be cold enough!

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/1/10 1:33 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: One of these nights I need to get blind drunk on Thunderbird... just to say I did. I've never even seen it for sale, though.

I've had it a few times, both Night Train and MD 20/20 are pretty bad but drinkable. Cisco is just terrible, and I've never had the desire to try Thunderbird. Bum wine gives you a hell of an experience; it is a rough way to get totally f*cked up for 4 dollars.

Most sketchier liquor stores will have a fridge dedicated solely to bum wines.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/1/10 2:10 p.m.

Even cheap bum wine doesn't give me the headache that Bud does.

Maybe I'l allergic to anything Anheiser.

Dan

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Reader
3/1/10 2:23 p.m.

I believe the GNR song is about the cheap wine...

My dad was Air Force in the early 60s, and I'v eoften heard the refrain from the times "What's the word? Thunderbird! What's the price? Thirty thrice!"

Although i bet it's more than $0.90 now, I keep meaning to down a bottle in his honor one day.

---and another thread takes a left turn---

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
3/1/10 3:48 p.m.

I thought the GNR song was about doing speed of some sort?

EDIT: Nevermind, checked the lyrics:

I'm on the nightrain

Bottoms up

I'm on the nightrain

Fill my cup

I'm on the nightrain

Ready to crash and burn

I never learn

I'm on the nightrain

I love that stuff

I'm on the nightrain

I can never get enough

I'm on the nightrain

Never to return - no

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Reader
3/1/10 3:56 p.m.

you're thinking of "Mr Brownstone" although I guess that's probable a horse reference

alex
alex Dork
3/1/10 4:06 p.m.

Speaking of Mr. Brown:

All aboard the Night Train

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/1/10 4:13 p.m.

Back in the 80's, I sold a big alarm system in Ybor City, Tampa, to a new wine brewery (?). The co-owner was super proud that he was the inventor of MD 20/ 20. The place went bust in 6 months, taking with it a lot of Government money. Wines of St. Augustine.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
3/1/10 9:05 p.m.
alex wrote: Speaking of Mr. Brown: All aboard the Night Train

Word. That's what I think of.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
3/1/10 9:53 p.m.

When the word was thunderbird!

Up every morning at the crack of dawn
Nights as short as the days are long life turned out to be another magazine Am Livin' with a stranger now Girl i knew got away somehow She went out with two bit gasoline On the go,back - you know what i mean No when the word was Thunderbird And the price recorded twice Drinkin' wine and lovin' you was fun Ah,but love turned out to be a passin' thing Different bird of a different wing Some damn fool put a dollar twenty nine On a jug of Thunderbird wine And Lord i don't know if i'm gonna make it Don't know if i'll have the strength to take it Everything's hung up in yesterday There's you a secret-minded social girl Takin' short cuts in a woman's world She won't let her hair down when i'm home Society's just slavery And security is killing me I work hard for it but i give it all away If i could go back to yesterday

I love you Billy Joe Shaver!

Joey

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CYXV8mG9oDkikn6PkLqk5DWeQ6UOQNHr8pLmJ6QAt1kKOth9uvuMoWp8RdjHwnJQ