1 2
ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
2/19/19 11:53 a.m.

In reply to LanEvo :

Those SX/4’s 258 Six was absolutely putting out  450 horsepower and 510 pound-feet!

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
2/19/19 11:55 a.m.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/19 11:58 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:

Those SX/4’s 258 Six was absolutely putting out  450 horsepower and 510 pound-feet!

Who cares?? They're cool.

Anyway, my race car puts out barely 200 hp. I don't need 500 lbs/ft to get to work. I really don't care about that kind of stuff anymore.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
2/19/19 12:24 p.m.

In reply to LanEvo :

Yeah I get it but I saw you made a direct comparison between the two.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/19/19 12:56 p.m.

I like it but I once put a Buick Riviera on a Chevy Blazer chassis so my taste in things like that is suspect.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/19 1:16 p.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory :

I just think the whole point of a car/truck/whatever/hybrid like this is to be badass and maybe a little ridiculous. And the AMC has more of a sinister, Max Max type of thing going for it.

I'm not exactly the target demographic for a fastback coupe on a lifted 4x4 platform...so I'll just keep my mouth shut. (But the AMC seems cooler to me!)

I mean...come on! How can you not love that? Imagine seeing this commercial during Charlie's Angels or The Incredible Hulk as a 5 year-old.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/19/19 1:45 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

I don't know.....Every time I see something like that I just think why wouldn't I just get this: 

170 HP 32" tires. 25" of suspension travel. All for less than the Base mustang above and still plenty of $$$ left over for the truck to tow it with yes

25" of travel?! I had no idea those SXSs had that much. I bet that's a blast.

edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
2/19/19 2:31 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:

In reply to LanEvo :

Yeah I get it but I saw you made a direct comparison between the two.

a 1982 AMC Eagle SX4 made 110 hp with the 258, a 1982 Mustang GT 302 HO made 160 hp. So for the era it is what you expect it to be HP-wise with 2 less cylinders than the pony car. I dont think he was making a direct comparison between the 2, more of saying the SX4 more-or-less was this Mustang Raptor of yester-year. Hell you could probably count the # of production cars in '82 that made 450 hp on one hand.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
2/19/19 2:41 p.m.
edizzle89 said:
I dont think he was making a direct comparison between the 2, more of saying the SX4 more-or-less was this Mustang Raptor of yester-year. Hell you could probably count the # of production cars in '82 that made 450 hp on one hand.

Well, he wrote “I liked that better when it was called the AMC Eagle SX/4 ...”

That’s a direct comparison if I ever saw one. Sorry if he didn’t actually mean to write that but there it is.

Either way, I’m not that interested in this conversation. I love the concept. I can keep these things to myself if they’re gonna devolve into this in the future. No hard feelings.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/19/19 2:51 p.m.

I don't hate it, but much like the F150 Raptor I have trouble spending that kind of money on something I'd want to beat the crap out of.   If I have that sort of cash to spend on an off-road toy like that, I'd build a replica of Dom's Charger from FnF7: 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
segVsygi8CXT5sRvUYZ4VpdQnnpWqaRrzYrgOnmpHxrJQmT9FoZ1ZYiaHM2Dn4Dt