ncjay
ncjay Reader
10/29/11 8:45 p.m.

Found out a few days ago, Ron Howard is working on a movie about the 1976 Formula 1 season. http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-ron-howard-to-direct-niki-lauda-movie/

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
10/29/11 8:52 p.m.

Hopefully he'll do a good job of it. I wonder who they'll cast for Lauda and Hunt.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/29/11 8:59 p.m.

Maybe if Eric Bana of Patrick Dempsey was doing it...with Opie at the helm this won't go well.....

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
10/29/11 9:39 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Maybe if Eric Bana of Patrick Dempsey was doing it...with Opie at the helm this won't go well.....

You mean like: Frost/Nixon, Cinderella Man, A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, Parenthood, Cocoon.

He may not have car movies to his credit (not a lot do) but he is no slouch as a director. Hey, think of is this way, Micheal Bay could be directing...

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/29/11 10:11 p.m.

ok...you have a point. I would still rather see a racing film from a racer, but at least it won't have explosions every five minutes

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
10/30/11 7:23 a.m.

He is a fan, so it may not turn out too bad.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/30/11 1:44 p.m.

You mean this guy?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/30/11 5:41 p.m.

He's done a car movie or two, and a couple good history ones.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
10/31/11 10:28 a.m.

American Graffiti: I was going to mention George Lucas as a possibly good director. He did do some pretty memorable stuff back in the day, American Graffiti, the car chase in THX1138 and even the pod race scene in Star Wars (the only good part about that episode).

Apparently Lucas used to be into cars pretty big, but lost a bit of his interest when he was in a rather serious car crash. Of course the last non-StarWars movie he directed WAS American Graffiti!

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
11/1/11 1:08 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: Maybe if Eric Bana of Patrick Dempsey was doing it...with Opie at the helm this won't go well.....

Have you seen Apollo 13? Relatively accurate for a 2 hour movie.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/1/11 3:31 a.m.
Appleseed wrote:
Have you seen Apollo 13? Relatively accurate for a 2 hour movie.

Not recently, but yes. The scene with the box of stuff - "This is what they have up there....keep them alive" - was mind blowing. I once saw Bruce Schneier describe the guys in that room as "real hackers"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uCiVySk76E6MBslYqhcoqyFkM8elCEMryYgRLf7BLZMvff0lecuTzqwIFhacX4GP