Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
11/7/13 9:38 p.m.

On Youtube, one of the suggestions on the side, for some reason, was a Dwight Yoakam video. I can't think of anyone who changes from a mealy mouthed bald guy into a (country) cool guy with just a hat and an attitude.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
11/8/13 5:46 a.m.

Pretty common in country music for some reason. Find a pic of Kenny chesney or jimmy buffet without a hat on, similar efffect

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
11/8/13 6:43 a.m.

Zac Brown turns from a chunky dude with a beard and a knit cap into a chunky dude with a knit cap that kicks ass when he gets on stage with Nirvana's former drummer at yet another country music awards circle jerk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsJvXb-Ado

yeah, i know, it's not totally relevant to the thread, but this video contains the only good "country" band out there today and the most talented musician in rock right now..

the best part, tho, is the crowd reaction shots at the end, where the country stars realize that they need to step up their game if they don't want their fans to realize they are a bunch of phonies.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
11/8/13 6:47 a.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

I disagree. It is completely relative. I think that some people actually carry some weight on physical items to transform them. They may have two personalities. One, a quiet and normal self, and the other, a star.

Its a put on your hat and go to work, kind of thing.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/8/13 7:18 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

orphancars
orphancars Reader
11/8/13 8:11 a.m.

From this:

to this:

.....yeah -- you have a point

Lancer007
Lancer007 New Reader
11/8/13 8:17 a.m.

This:

To this:

Just add a chainsaw.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
11/8/13 8:24 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: Zac Brown turns from a chunky dude with a beard and a knit cap into a chunky dude with a knit cap that kicks ass when he gets on stage with Nirvana's former drummer at yet another country music awards circle jerk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsJvXb-Ado yeah, i know, it's not totally relevant to the thread, but this video contains the only good "country" band out there today and the most talented musician in rock right now.. the best part, tho, is the crowd reaction shots at the end, where the country stars realize that they need to step up their game if they don't want their fans to realize they are a bunch of phonies.

That was pretty awesome!

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
11/8/13 8:30 a.m.

YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
11/8/13 4:11 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
novaderrik wrote: Zac Brown turns from a chunky dude with a beard and a knit cap into a chunky dude with a knit cap that kicks ass when he gets on stage with Nirvana's former drummer at yet another country music awards circle jerk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsJvXb-Ado yeah, i know, it's not totally relevant to the thread, but this video contains the only good "country" band out there today and the most talented musician in rock right now.. the best part, tho, is the crowd reaction shots at the end, where the country stars realize that they need to step up their game if they don't want their fans to realize they are a bunch of phonies.
That was pretty awesome!

So, if I understood the situation correctly, that was a song played at the Country Music Awards? Hairy RedSox looking guy may be a talented musician and ex-Nirvana guy may very well be a great drummer, but that was no country song. Not even close. At least most of those pop-country guys have the decency to wear large cowboy hats and sometimes even dinner plate sized belt buckles so we can get a visual clue that the pop-rock song they are playing is supposed to be country.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
11/8/13 4:28 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

But... but... they had twang and a fiddle.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/13 6:07 p.m.
PHeller wrote: YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One of the stupidest shows I have ever watched.

In other news,

From this:

To this:

Just add plastic surgeon and face lift.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/13 6:14 p.m.

You should see this guy before that one item.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
11/8/13 7:47 p.m.

Ben Collins?

He ain't too shabby, even out of Stig costume.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
11/8/13 7:50 p.m.

One item?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/13 10:06 p.m.

Sometimes at work I have to point to my shiny gold badge and become an shiny happy person. Or so I've been told anyway.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
11/8/13 10:14 p.m.
T.J. wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
That was pretty awesome!
So, if I understood the situation correctly, that was a song played at the Country Music Awards? Hairy RedSox looking guy may be a talented musician and ex-Nirvana guy may very well be a great drummer, but that was no country song. Not even close. At least most of those pop-country guys have the decency to wear large cowboy hats and sometimes even dinner plate sized belt buckles so we can get a visual clue that the pop-rock song they are playing is supposed to be country.

it aint "country" in the way Taylor Swift or any of the interchangeable "semi hot chick and 2 douchebag dudes" groups or the "metrosexual guy that sings with a twang" superstars that clutter the country scene these days.. but it does have some elements of old school country in it, mixed with some rock, some metal, and a little bit of everything else.. it's just good music played by a bunch of dudes that just love to jam and know they are lucky to be able to make a good living doing it, and really that's all that matters.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
11/8/13 10:18 p.m.

My name badge changes me from a fun-loving young man into a fun-loving corporate tool :P

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
11/8/13 10:57 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: In other news, From this: To this: Just add plastic surgeon and face lift.

Kenny Rogers is on record saying he regrets his plastic surgery and doesn't recognize himself in the mirror. He made a bad decision due to vanity and has to live with it. Maybe Dolly put him up to it.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
11/9/13 2:00 a.m.

Yup, cocaine. Just one thing:

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
11/9/13 7:29 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Yup, cocaine. Just one thing:

time was also a factor in that one...

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/9/13 9:08 a.m.