1 2
NONACK
NONACK HalfDork
12/3/14 11:30 a.m.

I have a functioning, 50k mile Subaru BRAT. It runs, drives, turns, and stops, and has not yet rusted into oblivion. And it has jump seats. And 4wd.

Always wanted one, now I've had one, and now it's time to move on- you know how it goes . Problem is, I don't really know what it's worth...

I'd like to trade it for something. That something could be a car, truck, bike, or even money. My plan is to put it on eBay starting at $1 in a few weeks, but I figured why not give GRM a crack at it first? Also, since I'm already discussing a trade with Cactus, he has first dibs.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/3/14 12:00 p.m.

that is glorious!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/14 12:07 p.m.

Do you have any pictures of the shock towers?

NONACK
NONACK HalfDork
12/3/14 12:09 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

I can get some- they're solid, as far as I can tell.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
12/3/14 12:38 p.m.

Pics dont show for me.

Trade for a boat?

NONACK
NONACK HalfDork
12/3/14 12:54 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver:

They'll get blocked by work filters since they're hosted by google+ and therefore "social." I am terrified of owning a boat, so I'll have to decline.

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
12/3/14 12:57 p.m.

Pics don't show for me either, but duuuuuude!!! A BRAT was always one of those bucket listers for me. I'm both very happy and very sad that I no longer live 30 minutes from you. I am actually flying up to Bucks County on Friday morning to spend time with the wife's family for the holiday, wonder if I can get the BRAT to fit under the seat in front of me on the return flight. No, I don't see doing a fly and drive, unless I can strap my wife in the jump seat...

GLWS

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
12/3/14 1:03 p.m.

No pics here either on my iphone.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/3/14 1:04 p.m.

Blocked here as well, but I'll take a look when I get home. Consider me cautiously interested. I've always loved these... and had a '82 wagon as my 2nd car. However, I don't really have anything to trade since unloading the E30. Maybe the Spitfire, but I doubt that would fit your needs (rally-x, I assume?).

NONACK
NONACK HalfDork
12/3/14 1:08 p.m.

Photos should be fixed? I think?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/3/14 1:10 p.m.

They work fine for me, and did before.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
12/3/14 1:12 p.m.
NONACK wrote: Photos should be fixed? I think?

It now works.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
12/3/14 1:14 p.m.
NONACK wrote: In reply to Apexcarver: They'll get blocked by work filters since they're hosted by google+ and therefore "social." I am terrified of owning a boat, so I'll have to decline.

All the trade fodder i have otherwise is 2 mopeds and the remains of a 79 honda XL250s

Perhaps a Bass guitar with amp?

Can't blame you for not going for the boat, I'm getting rid of mine because I never have time to use it.

(photos work now)

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/3/14 1:33 p.m.

I'm really trying to keep myself from looking at this thread or making this post. I DON'T NEED MORE PROJECTS. That said, have a think on this. Tell me it doesn't interest you and save me from project overload hell.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/2000-ford-explorer-nj-2000/96269/page1/

NONACK
NONACK HalfDork
12/3/14 1:35 p.m.

In reply to JThw8:

Fortunately, I don't want that. The only truck/trucklike things I want are either Japanese or ridiculous (or both), and your Explorer is neither

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/3/14 1:40 p.m.
NONACK wrote: In reply to JThw8: Fortunately, I don't want that. The only truck/trucklike things I want are either Japanese or ridiculous (or both), and your Explorer is neither

Thank god :) I may still think about this, but at least now I know its not easy. Great little trucklet, GLWS

akylekoz
akylekoz New Reader
12/3/14 2:21 p.m.

The want is strong. Offer is an antique honda (1969 dream) ran when parked 7k miles, original rubber. And a 2000 yamaha warrior, runs now.

No real hope that this will happen, and get it to michigan.

Nice BRAT...really is that possible?

NONACK
NONACK HalfDork
12/3/14 4:55 p.m.

Original post updated with engine bay and strut tower pics. Also, I would like pics/info on both the Spitfire and the Dream.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/3/14 7:12 p.m.

Home and can see the pics. Ok... Bit rougher than I was hoping for, but still interested. I think I'll wait for the eBay auction... unless you have a price in mind. You obviously paid something for it, no?

NONACK
NONACK HalfDork
12/3/14 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Ian F:

The way I came to own the car was by working on it for free before I owned it, then at some point purchasing it, then at some other point finally actually transferring the title, then working on it some more. What I truly paid is a murky question tied up in how much my free time is worth. My thought with the eBay auction was that I can let the market decide that.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/3/14 8:29 p.m.

DAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIITTT!!! Why aren't you closer!?!?!? GLWS!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
12/3/14 8:44 p.m.

post link if you put it on eBay

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/3/14 10:25 p.m.

These pop up fairly often in North Carolina. I have no idea why, and I have resisted so far.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/4/14 7:20 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: DAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIITTT!!! Why aren't you closer!?!?!? GLWS!

Oh, boo-berkeleying-hoo... The guy from Atlanta is upset that there's a cool vehicle for sale and it's too far away...

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
12/4/14 9:25 a.m.
Woody wrote: Oh, boo-berkeleying-hoo... The guys from Atlanta is upset that there's a cool vehicle for sale and it's too far away...

FTFY...and this guy is even more upset that he very recently lived only miles from the seller...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0YPVa0jsWWcsq0MPAmGlj0yqBVr6p7GixKOaZEhnJnyRrUBo0bKUO4DFAMOxdxkB