1 2
fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
9/13/09 9:25 p.m.

Just like it says. This is a 5-speed car, does run and drive and stop. Has big VAM, brown-tops, Spearco fmic, DSM BOV, Konig 17's with new tires, tired suspension, front seats are ripped (black leather), guages work sometimes, has been repainted.

I forgot what computer is in it, and I don't recall the mileage (e-mail me at lesburchett aaaat yahoo doooot com if interested and I'll find out).

I also can get pics if you need (obviously). If you e-mail me, I will get pics.

$950/OBO. Willing to deliver for a fee.

-Les

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/13/09 9:33 p.m.

Gotta make some space?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/13/09 11:19 p.m.

Wow we ARE an incestuous little group aren't we!

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
9/13/09 11:56 p.m.

Yeah, and yeah. Trade?

-Les

slefain
slefain Dork
9/14/09 8:17 a.m.
fastasleep wrote: Yeah, and yeah. Trade? -Les

I know where there is a '88 Mirage Turbo......nah, I like you too much to do that to you Les.

Les is a straight up good guy, someone buy his car. If I didn't need something with an auto for DD I'd snag this up myself. Hmmm, would an AOD bolt up?

donalson
donalson SuperDork
9/14/09 12:41 p.m.

grr... bad time... but I so want one :(

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/14/09 1:59 p.m.

I am interested, where in Atlanta are you?

bamalama
bamalama Reader
9/14/09 5:24 p.m.

Hey Les, that car not having a sunroof is apparently a big deal. +1 selling point.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
9/14/09 10:42 p.m.

Yeah, it doesn't have a sunroof. I am in Covington, which is about 20-or-so miles outside the perimeter on the east side.
BTW, now that my brother is back from Iraq, the title will be straightened out. We are going on Thursday to arrange for a new one. The title will not be a problem (signature in wrong space-problem). Slefain, no an AOD will not, but an A4LD will. They came with auto's anyway, and people practically give them away. Did you get your Mirage running? How is the baby?

Donaldson, trades? Maroon92, call me? 770-778-7368

-Les

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/15/09 8:02 a.m.

DO NOT PUT AN A4LD IN IT!!!!

they are the worst transmission on the surface of the planet...

maybe this weekend I will give you a call to come look at it. Gotta talk it over with my dad, I would be storing it at his place.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/15/09 9:04 a.m.

Les put me in the list of possibles.

Anyone in Atlanta need a 2.0L Auto Jetta?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/15/09 9:05 a.m.
John Brown wrote: Les put me in the list of possibles. Anyone in Atlanta need a 2.0L Auto Jetta?

You could drive it to the challenge and stop by the ATL along the way.

John Brown
9/15/09 9:19 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
John Brown wrote: Les put me in the list of possibles. Anyone in Atlanta need a 2.0L Auto Jetta?
You could drive it to the challenge and stop by the ATL along the way.

Now I need to enter an XR again? shizznit.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/15/09 1:07 p.m.

John, I will be on your crew this year...if you want, we can go as a team, and I will bring the Aspire8!

should be a hoot.

John Brown
9/15/09 1:12 p.m.

Maybe, I am still third in line for the car... And I need to sell a VW to someone in Hotlanta.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/15/09 1:14 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Maybe, I am still third in line for the car... And I need to sell a VW to someone in Hotlanta.

wish i could buy it, showing co-workers and family if anyone is interested...

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
9/15/09 6:56 p.m.

Send me some pics of the Jetta, please. Maybe we can do something there.

-Les

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
9/15/09 10:48 p.m.

I can have cash this weekend as the buyer is coming for my 'Rado from Atl... awaiting pics. What would it take for it to be a reliable dd?

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
9/16/09 3:01 a.m.
dansxr2 wrote: I can have cash this weekend as the buyer is coming for my 'Rado from Atl... awaiting pics. What would it take for it to be a reliable dd?

Not really much; but keep in mind it is a Merkur. I know that it had a Centerforce clutch put in it when I owned it. Ask Bamalama on this board what he suggests. He drove it for a good while, but he wanted a truck I had so I traded him back. Although I like the 2.3 turbo's, I just don't have a use for it now. It could use struts for sure. Tires are new. I don't know when the brakes were changed last. I would get all the guages working (consistently). The thing always ran well, but I haven't driven it in a while either. Bamalama would be your best bet for current information. I don't ever remember it leaving my brother or Anthony (Bamalama) on the side of the road, FWIW. Pics are on the way in the A.M.

-Les

John Brown
9/16/09 6:43 a.m.

If someone else buys this I have brand new pads, rotors and calipers for the front.

John Brown
9/16/09 3:17 p.m.

From CARS

Click link for the rest of the photos.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
9/16/09 5:46 p.m.

Thanks, John!

-Les

bamalama
bamalama Reader
9/16/09 9:12 p.m.
dansxr2 wrote: What would it take for it to be a reliable dd?

Depends on how picky you are. I put about 5000 miles on it just like it is, including the trip to and from Georgia. New brakes and struts sure as hell wouldn't hurt anything, though.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
9/17/09 3:30 p.m.

how much to deliver to Chipley, FL 32428? If I had $200 extra I'd have the guy buyin the 'Rado from me buy the XR4 and haul it down for a straight trade for my 'Rado... If you can deliver pretty reasonable (I'm a poor tech school student) I've VERY interested!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/17/09 9:48 p.m.

Hey Les, Why don't you work with this guy? He's 2 1/2 hours past my place!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zvqz8SmVprPmVma4wXwMytibsk03EgUaJcZrMFjLh64i3NAwjDOVy0GsKyXgFLnp