1 2
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/12 11:10 p.m.

Mine, Affiliation!

PRICE DROP! GRM'er price $800! Make it go away!

Specifics:
- 229k miles, zero mods, totally unmolested.
- engine does not rattle or smoke
- clutch still grabs hard enough to spin tires on the 1-2
- timing belt and water pump at about 210k
- new battery summer 2010 - new front LCA's, struts, and springs at about 225k
- reman alternator about 215k
- CEL is on for a P1402, either EGR valve or a solenoid that controls it
- 25 mpg mixed / 28 mpg highway at 75 mph
- grey cloth interior, no tears in seats, no cracks in dash
- never been smoked in
- OE keyless entry / anti-theft immobilizer

The good:
- everything listed above except the CEL
- 17" rims with michelin pilot alpins in 225/45
- spare set of OE '94 PGT 16" alloys
- ABS, PS, PB, tilt, PW, PDL, pwr seats/mirrors, pwr glass tilt/slide moonroof
- 16th overall in $2006 Challenge
- underdrive crank pulley in box (never installed on this car)
- camber bolts for front struts (never installed on this car)
- brand new 19mm rear bar and bushings from MY2000 626

The bad:
- both front fenders are dented but not hideously so
- plastic cladding missing from RF fender behind wheel opening
- small PS fluid leak at front of car
- AC does not work, quit about 2 yrs ago and i never looked into why
- small rust-through at seam in driver's footwell / rocker
- no non-winter tires on the spare OE '94 alloys

The ugly:
- Your Mother!

The miscellaneous thoughts:
i am the second owner, bought it from a good friend at 142k. i have records of every maintenance / service paper on this car, other than oil changes, since new. unfortunately, age and environment have relegated it to what i consider "nice beater" status. it cleans up really well, probably better than you do, and it will be clean when you come get it.

The bottom line:
It's clean and ready to go. i absolutely would not hesitate to drive it across the country tomorrow, if i didn't have other commitments.

The price:
for GRMers, i'll take $800 cash. delivery available, PREPAID, at $1/mi within 250 miles of 48187

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
10/16/12 12:17 a.m.

:Sighs:

Not even a peep? I'm thinking about putting my own Probe up here, but this doesn't bode well...

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/16/12 4:03 a.m.

It takes a special person to love these. Personally, if I hadn't just bought a new daily, I would be looking at fly and drive for that price.

AngryCorvair
10/21/12 12:03 a.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

and you are that special person! get on a plane, maing! I'll pick you up at Detroit Metro and get you a lap dance down the street before you head back to wherever the berkeley you live.

i finally got her on CL at about 12:30AM Sun 21 Oct. link to my cl ad with current pix:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3353814292.html

Mr. Lee
10/21/12 8:36 p.m.

that's the best sales attempt I've seen in a loooooong time! Unfortunately as I said, I just picked up a new daily. :( I'm pretty sure there would be divorce papers involved if that showed up so soon after the last.

Edit: Damn that is nice!

Erich
Erich UberDork
10/22/12 7:00 a.m.

monkeybutt? Har.

AngryCorvair
10/24/12 7:08 p.m.

bump for price drop, now $800. with new V710's this car definitely wins the $1000 class at the 2013 challenge. with the underdrive pulley it'll get into the 14's at the drags (ran a 15.1 @ 89 with a full tank of 87 octane at the '06 event), and with the camber bolts and bigger rear bar, al mccrispin will put it in the top ten in the autocross for sure.

Tactical Penguin
10/24/12 7:29 p.m.

Come on, someone pull the trigger on this thing. One of the sweetest sounding sixes you can get other than buying an Alfa!

If MD weren't so hard on inspections, I would keep mine, but I think I'm going to look for something that qualifies for historic plates.

AngryCorvair
10/24/12 7:59 p.m.
Racer1ab wrote: Come on, someone pull the trigger on this thing. One of the sweetest sounding sixes you can get other than buying an Alfa! If MD weren't so hard on inspections, I would keep mine, but I think I'm going to look for something that qualifies for historic plates.

[Beavis] you said "hard on!" heh hehheh heh [/Beavis]

If it would pass MD inspection my nephew would already own it. :-)

Maxnscrappers
Maxnscrappers New Reader
10/24/12 10:01 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

No Divorce papers, but remember our deal...and we currently have 8 dogs and 8 cars other than your daily driver. I'm thinking I might have to go get the pig :P

Mr. Lee
10/24/12 10:08 p.m.

I'm not having a pig named Bacon ok? Geez!

Tactical Penguin
10/24/12 10:16 p.m.

That sounds pretty familiar.

Maxnscrappers
Maxnscrappers New Reader
10/24/12 10:23 p.m.

I'll name it Porky if it will make you happy :D

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/25/12 7:29 a.m.

Damn, I said no Probes in my what car thread, but this looks awefully tempting as a rallycross / TSD / Track toy. Any more picks of the rust?

Where do you work these days Angry? I'm at Ford in Dearborn but live in Beverly Hills, I might have to check this out this weekend.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/25/12 7:38 a.m.

I did like the 2nd gens....that looks great, and checks all the right boxes.

LOL, Im currently in talks with the seller of a set of new wheels/tires, who's asking $400 for the set.

If I double that, I get a whole car...too bad SWMBO doesnt have the same affinity for quirky 90s cars as I do

AngryCorvair
10/25/12 9:42 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Damn, I said no Probes in my what car thread, but this looks awefully tempting as a rallycross / TSD / Track toy. Any more picks of the rust? Where do you work these days Angry? I'm at Ford in Dearborn but live in Beverly Hills, I might have to check this out this weekend.

pm sent.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/25/12 9:46 a.m.

Do it Adrian! How can you go wrong?
I would if I could/needed.
I have been trying to think of who I know that needs a good ride.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/25/12 12:26 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Damn, I said no Probes in my what car thread, but this looks awefully tempting as a rallycross / TSD / Track toy. Any more picks of the rust? Where do you work these days Angry? I'm at Ford in Dearborn but live in Beverly Hills, I might have to check this out this weekend.
pm sent.

PM replied to so you can send pics.

AngryCorvair
10/25/12 12:45 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
pm sent.
PM replied to so you can send pics.

pix sent. can drive the probe to work tomorrow and meet you in dearborn for lunch, unless it's raining. car is really clean right now and i'd like to keep it that way. i haven't had pizzapapalis in a long time...

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
10/25/12 10:03 p.m.

Adrian, buy it, buy it, buy it!

Mr. Lee
10/25/12 10:21 p.m.

Please, please do. Then I can stop staring at it and debating if i need to take a 20hr road trip.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/26/12 10:19 p.m.

OK Guys, I went and checked the car out tonight. It's a great car, it's everything Angry says. It drives really nicely for the miles. It's not a rattle trap with trim falling off everywhere as some people have suggested. The car drives very well, you can feel the work he's done on the front suspension, it's nice and taught with no play in the steering. The engine pulls well, the clutch is great, shift is great. All round it's a good solid car in advertized condition. But, there has to be a but doesn't there? It's me that's the issue not the car. It just didn't excite me. It's not what I want as a toy. IT"s a great car and I hope it goes to a great home, but I'll keep in looking.

Mr. Lee
10/26/12 10:36 p.m.

Damnit

AngryCorvair
10/27/12 9:13 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

No worries, you had to drive it to be sure, and now you know.

The 6 PM appointment bought it and is picking it up this afternoon.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/27/12 10:18 a.m.

Great news. Congrats

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JcJgvgGnWTwpwOwS0hlUwhEZjKvIie7sixTZuIkNgE5qyExrbU61KUptVVJ0iNAg