ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
6/30/24 4:52 a.m.

There is a non running bravada in my mom's backyard, has been in the family for like 7 years, ran when parked two years ago but last year wouldn't do anything when the key was turned and is moldy from a being open 

My son was going to part it out and scrap the remains, but has lost the key... 

Rear doors, tailgate, rear seat, alternator, catalytic converter and a few other parts were removed last year.

I couldn't even get the local scrap guy to give me $200, he wanted me to pay him to haul it away, or said he would take it for free if I broke the ignition so it would go into neutral.

My last project suffered catastrophic setbacks (break in at my storage building)

So, I'm thinking that since this would be free to me, it could be an interesting distraction while I figure out to go forward on my other project (would require Re-scrounging a lot of parts and Re-fabricating or changing directions) or bail on it.

So, what would such a prime Bravada hit my budget for? And is it even a good idea? 2:30 am sleepless ideas are usually either gold or garbage :)

Pic of my stolen engine for giggles RIP.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/30/24 8:28 a.m.

I'd be good with fmv of 100.

Unless its a first gen with a good grille, in which case I'll give you 20 for it to start the recoup, get divorced later for building another damn s10, and then as to rent the brevada to live in. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/24 8:49 a.m.

Sounds like a $100 starting point to me. 

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
6/30/24 10:03 a.m.

Found the key, it was in the ignition.....

Alternator is in, just went and got a battery, we will see what we see.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
6/30/24 7:27 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

It's got a good grill lol, one of the mounting tabs has a crack halfway through it. It's a 97, I don't know what years were 1st gen... But I imagine the 1st gens were more square like the first gen s10 

Dusterbd13-michael
6/30/24 8:34 p.m.

In reply to ThePoors :

Second gen, thank God 

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/1/24 6:32 p.m.

Well, I did find the key. The doors and seat are still attached. Apparently, the guy paid for them and was supposed to remove himself, but he has not yet done so. I'm going to pull them this weekend and then give him a few days to get them, or else.

It was parked due to a lack of power from suspected bad spider injectors. Last year, it was diagnosed with a bad alternator/battery. There is a new alternator and a used alternator with it. I installed the used "new" alternator and a Walmart battery, but it still has no power to anything, not even 4-way flashers.

So, I suspect there was nothing wrong with the alternator or the battery. I am just being forthcoming because of the suggested $100 FMV appraisal.

Currently, the interior is wrecked with mold from a leak caused by the removal of the third brake light. I'm pretty sure it has bad spider injectors, and either some bad connections or a bad main fuse/relay, and the key is stuck in the ignition.

what do you say, bump the FMV up to $200?

Dusterbd13-michael
7/1/24 6:43 p.m.

berkeley no. 100 still stands, but count the battery on your budget sheet.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/1/24 10:29 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

No way LOL,

I will get one from the pick and pull for $20 or something :) we are on 12 hour days this week and I had no time to run across town!

I think I still need a third to chime in on FMV don't I?

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
7/1/24 10:46 p.m.

In looking for a $500 beater just to get to work with, I can't agree with $100. 
Maybe pictures would help. 

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 HalfDork
7/2/24 7:02 a.m.

all this but no pics?

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/2/24 7:41 a.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
7/2/24 7:43 a.m.

$100 sounds good to me.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/2/24 11:26 p.m.

took several tries to figure out how to post pics. It has power now, key still stuck in ignitiononly pics I have in my phone.

Detatchable_Retina
Detatchable_Retina New Reader
9/11/24 8:17 a.m.

$100 for a non running bravada with no doors? Seems fair. Here's another vote for it. Excited to see another s series at the challenge. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vAsLwBBcjqCHn23P7OJegFiziERYFJ7cPhK2noiHc5yOm4ShzIEx17N3dvuHnmyj