1 2
foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
11/29/12 7:23 a.m.

In Westminster Maryland.

It's this one: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/fs-stalled-locost-and-mgb-gt/49827/page1/

I brought it home, and have done nothing with it. One of you guys should take it now, and store it in your shed.

As much as I want/need money for my latest Harley obsession, I'll continue the tradition, and keep it at the same low $1200.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
11/29/12 7:29 a.m.

hold onto it....put it back on the market after I finish my datsun.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
11/29/12 8:30 a.m.

...... holy crap.

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
11/29/12 9:03 a.m.

I had three committed buyers lined up behind you when I sold it. It also sold at that price in less than 24 hours, so if anyone wants it, I'd jump on it quick. You could get much more for it considering the drivetrain is included and has less than 50K miles on it. Even my wife said I sold it too cheap. If you get a question you can't answer, I'll try to help.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/29/12 9:04 a.m.

Is it just my phone or are the pics in the old ad missing?

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
11/29/12 9:07 a.m.

Try this link. I think that one expired: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103069983039366.6619.100000090958758&type=1&l=a401ab9e1d

EDIT: I'm not so good at facebookery. That link doesn't work on my work desktop either. I tried "share album". If that's not how you share pictures with others, LMK.

kylini
kylini New Reader
11/29/12 9:07 a.m.

That's definitely my dream-car right there. Hope it goes to a good and capable home!

logdog
11/29/12 9:16 a.m.

I dont know about Facebook but if you Email me the pics I can post them on photobucket. Plus i can start working on the wife

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
11/29/12 9:19 a.m.
Apis_Mellifera wrote: I had three committed buyers lined up behind you when I sold it. It also sold at that price in less than 24 hours, so if anyone wants it, I'd jump on it quick. You could get much more for it considering the drivetrain is included and has less than 50K miles on it. Even my wife said I sold it too cheap. If you get a question you can't answer, I'll try to help.

Y'er kill'n me. I thought about asking for more, I really did. I'd love to have more, especially to support my current Harley Road King obsession. But, I kinda felt icky about doing it on a board where you hang out and already sold it so cheaply to me.

That said, I'll let any of you folk who want to throw extra money at me do so.

The car has prettier wheels on it than show in the old pictures. Don't remember who's, but there are someones aluminum wheels on it (I think, it's actually been a while since I looked at it). Drive home in the rain gave the frame a flash coat of rust.

That's the only changes in the car since I got it.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
11/29/12 9:54 a.m.

God lord that was fast. I bet I could have milked double the price if I'd have tried.

Looks like it will likely be going to a new home Saturday.

logdog
11/29/12 10:30 a.m.

So I guess I should quit working on my Powerpoint presentation "Why I need another pile of parts"

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
11/29/12 11:06 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: God lord that was fast. I bet I could have milked double the price if I'd have tried.

That's exactly what I thought when you drove away with it from my house. Congrats/condolences.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
11/29/12 12:33 p.m.

I would have scarfed it up too if I hadn't had to leave the stupid office. The stupid thing is it was more convenient for me when it was still with apis milliefra. My daughter now lives outside of Charleston.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
4/27/13 8:41 p.m.

Bumping, I bought this from the OP, intending to finish it after the MR2.

I recently bought a house, and may have to downsize the project fleet. If anyone missed out and wants a 2nd crack, I would let it go for the same $1200. If not, I'll finish it eventually, I just have too many projects ahead in line.

Same condition, and all the same goodies (wheels, parts, etc.) are included. Stored inside at my shop.

EDIT: Located in Richmond, VA.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/27/13 8:53 p.m.

I've been looking through the history, but I'm not exactly clear, is it a rolling chassis now?

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
4/27/13 8:54 p.m.

Yes, same as the original Facebook pictures.

If it was running and driving, it wouldn't be $1200 ;).

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
4/27/13 9:36 p.m.

Is this thing cursed?

The never-ending project?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/28/13 8:10 a.m.

why does it keep moving farther and farther away from me? oh i know why. because i have the money now but don't feel like driving 9 hours to drag home a cursed project that nobody can seem to finish.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
4/28/13 9:14 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: Is this thing cursed? The never-ending project?

Ha! I dunno about cursed, the guy I bought it from decided to get rid of it because he was getting an awesome motorcycle, and I put it up because I just bought a pretty incredible house. So it might actually be blessed, rather than cursed?

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
4/28/13 9:51 a.m.

So it's the project car equivalent of good luck Chuck?

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/28/13 10:39 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
logdog wrote: So I guess I should quit working on my Powerpoint presentation "Why I need another pile of parts"
Nope, You will need it at some point, we all do....

Guess I oughta dig out that Powerpoint and finish it up before the wife gets home.

Does it still come with the Miata drivetrain?

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
4/29/13 7:05 a.m.
logdog wrote: Does it still come with the Miata drivetrain?

Yes, it does.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
4/29/13 7:07 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: So it's the project car equivalent of good luck Chuck?

I'm sure the car is better looking than Dane Cook, probably a better comedian too.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
4/29/13 7:15 a.m.

Email sent...

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
4/29/13 8:28 a.m.
Flynlow wrote:
The_Jed wrote: Is this thing cursed? The never-ending project?
Ha! I dunno about cursed, the guy I bought it from decided to get rid of it because he was getting an awesome motorcycle, and I put it up because I just bought a pretty incredible house. So it might actually be blessed, rather than cursed?

I was the original owner. I sold it because I have an Austin Healey project that's six years old and three kids 0, 2, and 4 years old...

At this point I hope this project becomes the GRM fruitcake that's passed around and around. By the time it gets back to me, maybe I'll have some time and ambition.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K2MS9YWhQawEkbAa4KdVwEVLYX0tRmmrRedocs8iSCZMIPAQC1YBHLZPs5LBTbtF