1 2
SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/17/10 10:47 p.m.

That's right. THE Yugo From Hell. Google it. It'll show up.

I've had fun, but it's time to move on and clean up my shop.

If you buy it now, you can bring it to the 2010 Challenge.

Box flares, stripped out racer. Extremely cool.

But there's more...

I've got 5 engines, including (3) 1.5L's.

I've got 6 heads (I think). Several are FI. 1 is a big bore (similar to the PBS)

I've got a BRAND NEW Isky racing cam- I'll have to check the specs.

2 transmissions- 1 is a 4 spd custom built by our own Steve Hoeshler never been run. The other is a 5 spd.

There's a lightened flywheel in the car, and at least 3 more on the shelf.

3 complete sets of race rubber- still some life left.

2 sets of wheels- one are wide steelies, the other a REAL set of Abarth Cromadoras (magnesium- about 8 lbs. each)

At least 1 megasquirt (maybe 2)

Huge assortment of valves, shims, cups, etc.

There are about 2 cars worth of parts. Waay to much for me to pull out of my head. I need to get out there and inventory it a bit better before I can be sure of everything I've got.

It's the Yugo treasure trove.

So, here's the deal. The car is not currently running. Needs a weekend or two of tuning and elbow grease.

If I put some effort into it, and broke up the parts, I could probably make a good chunk of change. I'd rather let it all go together to someone who will love it and save me the effort of putting things back together.

I'd like $1600 for the car complete, and $1800 for the entire parts bin (but I have a STRONG preference to sell it all together).

If there is interest, I'll put a bit more effort into an inventory and pictures. Right now, it's late, and I'm tired.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
8/18/10 1:09 a.m.

i hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you.

trade for a 94 miata?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/18/10 6:44 a.m.

No trades.

Trying to clean up.

Besides, I've got 2 Miatas.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog HalfDork
8/18/10 7:10 a.m.

Damn talk about poor timing! I would be all over this if I didn't just commit to my Miata V8 swap. I even spent yesterday afternoon building a parking pad off the back of the garage! I need a Yugo to complete the alphabet so I can get an Acura next. Crap

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/18/10 7:13 a.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: I need a Yugo to complete the alphabet so I can get an Acura next.

Dang, when did you get your Zonda!!!

Svrex, could you meet somewhere between Ga and Oh?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/18/10 7:24 a.m.

You mean for a beer? Like a date??

Honestly, this is a LOT of stuff.

It would be pretty tough to do a roadside exchange.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/19/10 6:20 a.m.

Perhaps Yugomania has waned...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/19/10 7:34 a.m.

no, we are still manic, but I am still broke, and Ga is still a ways away. I know its a long shot, but I may have some spare bucks in a few months. A teensy little car with a bazillion spare parts is right up my alley, and Im looking for a project, so I may be in touch...

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
8/19/10 7:36 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Perhaps Yugomania has waned...

Not among anyone who has actually driven that mini-beast!

What has waned is my checkbook.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/19/10 9:06 a.m.

I can't. I want to but I can't.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/19/10 10:38 a.m.

OK, that's a bit better...

Are you guys saying the numbers look in line but you are broke, or are you saying that I'm crazy as a loon?

Powar
Powar Dork
8/19/10 10:42 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Are you guys saying the numbers look in line but you are broke

That one.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/19/10 10:53 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: A teensy little car with a bazillion spare parts is right up my alley, and Im looking for a project, so I may be in touch...

I'm en route from OH to the Challenge.

I'm willing to work with a GRMer. I'd just rather not part it all out on Ebay.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
8/19/10 11:40 a.m.

Would you be willing to work with someone to ship it back to the homeland? I'm not kidding. I know a guy in Croatia who would probably kill for that entire package.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/19/10 11:51 a.m.

In reply to Duke:

You really need practice to be a proper Nigerian scammer.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/19/10 12:04 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua: I actually LOL'D :D

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/19/10 12:38 p.m.
Duke wrote: Would you be willing to work with someone to ship it back to the homeland? I'm not kidding. I know a guy in Croatia who would probably kill for that entire package.

It would make me sad to see it leave the GRM family, but if he is willing to pay for the shipping and the loading and packing time, I'll pack a container and ship it out.

I will require, however, a PayPal payment for $20,000 more than the purchase price in small unmarked bills from the King of Croatia co-signed by at least 2 Nigerian princes.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/20/10 5:58 a.m.

From the misfittoysracing.com site from its days of the previous owner.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/20/10 6:13 a.m.

Thanks Josh!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/20/10 6:20 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Thanks Josh!

I figured advertising it without pictures was just hitting us weirdos who were odd to begin with or have already been converted to actually Wanting a Yugo. That car was responsible for scrambling many of our brains into Yugo lust. The new blood on this board needed some exposure.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/20/10 7:07 a.m.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/20/10 7:10 a.m.

Now it's time for some new scrambled brains to step up and carry the torch!

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
8/20/10 7:50 a.m.

More mind warping photos from history

You know I'd love to have her back home again but I would either have to get rid of the Wartburg or my Wife. Neither one looks like a viable option at this point.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/20/10 8:37 a.m.

I'll try to post some more current pics, but it's going to take a few days.

peter
peter New Reader
8/20/10 10:03 a.m.

I have no garage space, live in a NYC apartment smaller than most of your master bathrooms, no FWD experience, and no restoration experience.

Yet somehow this beckons.

Damn you GRM, damn you all to hell!

Wish I could take this home, but no way that's going to happen. Nice price though!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
llpwniHKmMiy6pXWF6TvIR3hJq5tzamRMT2n4GTcQR4uQrsxlgKHFpMmypOv969e