1 2
JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
8/20/10 3:13 p.m.
peter wrote: I have no garage space, live in a NYC apartment smaller than most of your master bathrooms, no FWD experience, and no restoration experience. Yet somehow this beckons. Damn you GRM, damn you all to hell! Wish I could take this home, but no way that's going to happen. Nice price though!

But if you bring it back to the northeast you will have it near its original builder who will be happy to help you in your endeavor :)

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/20/10 6:18 p.m.

My family is in NYC, Peter. I've towed this car that far before. AND JThw8 is your neighbor.

Now what's your excuse??

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/20/10 10:14 p.m.

I forgot there are a couple of pics from the Challenge in my profile.

Still not that current...

GVX19
GVX19 New Reader
8/21/10 2:33 p.m.

Are you willing to let the trans go separately?

If so give me a call.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
8/21/10 7:09 p.m.

You, of course, do this AFTER I completely cut up a perfect Yugo example?.............nice. I wish you were into trades.........

-Les

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
8/21/10 7:09 p.m.

-Les

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/21/10 10:31 p.m.
GVX19 wrote: Are you willing to let the trans go separately? If so give me a call.

No. Not yet.

If I start to part stuff out, you will be the first to know.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/23/10 10:14 a.m.

oh how I wish I had the garage space for this...

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/23/10 10:45 a.m.

It's small.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/23/10 11:09 a.m.
JThw8 wrote: You know I'd love to have her back home again but I would either have to get rid of the Wartburg or my Wife. Neither one looks like a viable option at this point.

but think of it this way, between the car and the missus, which one can you leave locked up in the garage half naked for 2 weeks without any attention and be just as happy when you return as when you left?

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt Dork
8/23/10 12:18 p.m.

SVreX, you've got a message.

viking
viking New Reader
8/25/10 11:27 p.m.

Interested in selling the cromadora wheels---need them for my Fiat

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/26/10 6:41 a.m.

Again, for the moment, I'm not breaking it up. If and when I decide to, I'll certainly let you know.

I could easily make twice what I am asking by breaking up all this stuff. But I will need to invest a lot of time which I don't have right now. Plus, clearly the majority of the value is in only a few items. The Cromodoras, the built trans, the megasquirt, the bored out head, and the Isky cam are probably the most valuable. I can sell them easily, but it won't help me clean out my garage. I'll then be very desperate for the space, and need to spend a lot of time trying to move the remaining pieces for very little money. They'll just be a bunch of used Yugo parts, instead of the diamond in the rough the whole package is collectively.

I'd like to see it stay together. I'm not in it to make money. I'm looking for someone with a heart for the whole project. That person will end up with a few very nice tidbits (like the C-doras).

viking
viking New Reader
8/26/10 3:10 p.m.

In reply to SVreX: Thanks for the reply. I'll follow the thread and see what happens

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
8/27/10 9:41 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Are you guys saying the numbers look in line but you are broke, or are you saying that I'm crazy as a loon?

I'm surprised that nobody pointed out that the "crazy as a loon" part is true, just that it has nothing to do with the price of the YfH... ;D

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/27/10 7:06 p.m.

Hey, DollBaby:

This thing is EASILY light enough to tow behind a 323 GTX.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/27/10 7:19 p.m.

the unemployed don't need racecars do they?

Jay
Jay Dork
8/27/10 7:24 p.m.

Only the unemployed have enough time to give them the exercise and attention they deserve...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cLksOtC51EfDTPtppNqcH2v0r6XKAlf1trJ06gqmKvUwb76Gfayh7M3UUGOhWWIe