We left Gainesville Sunday afternoon headed north on I-75, stopped for the night at the world's E36 M3tiest Hampton Inn, in Dalton GA. Slept well, hit the road with a 6PM ETA to Canton MI. Eclipse traffic meant slow going from Findlay OH north, including surface roads through Toledo OH and a bunch of southeast MI, before connecting to I-275 for a final freeway rip home. Unloaded car on the street at 9:10PM, just as AK2 came home from work, so stud bull Quasi Mofo and AK2 and I got a rolling start and pushed MonZora into the garage:

where she will sit for a bit as I get some life stuff settled down and take care of some projects around the house.

Anyone else have a story to tell about their trip home from the 2024 Challenge?

GVX19
GVX19 HalfDork
4/8/24 9:51 p.m.

12-hour trip home fortunately only 1 hour driving.

Thank you GRM for another incredible event! 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/24 11:28 p.m.

No pixxors, but imagine a fat guy on the crapper, nekkit, posting this while his pupper and one of the kitties are fighting for attention. 

Personally I need to thank Angry, Duster (and Mary), WVU, Jonny, Alan, Tom, Hoopes and Stampus for an entertaining weekend.

Great job Material Girls.

Ethan and the rest of the GT team... buy some books damnit LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

But most of all as I wrap this up I need to thank my wife, Kelly, for holding down the real world while I was away. 

Love you all! See you next year ;)

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/9/24 5:57 a.m.

Mary didn't make it out of Georgia before crashing. 

We got home at 1am yesterday, unloaded and returned the uhaul by 2 so i wasn't charged another day.

Im still cooked.

Itvwas a FANTASTIC weekend with everybody. Im glad to call all y'all my friends. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
4/9/24 7:21 a.m.

I detoured south to the Space Coast to visit family.  Will be starting the two day trek home today, and am debating on the route, as it looked like 75 northbound was a mess when I was headed south last Friday.

eastsideTim said:

I detoured south to the Space Coast to visit family.  Will be starting the two day trek home today, and am debating on the route, as it looked like 75 northbound was a mess when I was headed south last Friday.

75N was fine on Monday other than eclipse traffic 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
4/9/24 9:06 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Good to know that.  I had a suspicion that Friday was a combination of snowbirds headed north, eclipse watchers, and spring breakers going home.  The snowbirds should be the only group headed up today and tomorrow.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/9/24 9:16 a.m.

I got home safely after my arduous 1.5 hour drive.  Took a shower and went on a date with my wife.  It was a great end to a fun weekend.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next year.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
4/10/24 8:00 p.m.

A few too many traffic jams and some heavy rain, but I'm home.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman UltraDork
4/10/24 8:22 p.m.

I had an uneventful trip home, only one truck made me run off the road on 95 while I was on the phone with Jeremy.  Made it to NC Sunday night. Then made it home to York, PA in time to pickup the kids from daycare Monday. One of the daycare kids told his mom, "mommy I want a toy car like that." Made my day. 

Got to meet up with all my hero's of the event, aka the real competitors as I'm just a participant. 

When I got to work Tuesday they made me feel like I missed an entire week.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GOL01DQaFStNTwQDoblDG7sNmZuQGea51gZvTN1CBl3ZselMo5QtURtY6Kfp2tH5