1 2
m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/09 12:32 p.m.

Odometer is at 64k, but it is most likely 164k.

European import, 2.3l turbo 4 cylinder, rear wheel drive. Older brother to the insane Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500.

Engine runs strong, I bought it in need of a head gasket. Replaced it, water pump, & timing belt.

A/C works, has been converted to R134a.

5 speed manual

I'll get more pictures.

The XR4ti is a car I've lusted after since I first got on the internet in 1997. Earlier this year I had to sell my Fiat X1/9 and get a 4 seater so I could take my kids to school. I found the XR for sale and bought it.

Now that I've had my turn with my "unicorn" I'd like to try something different.

I'm looking to trade it for another car, but I have rather odd tastes. Something along the lines of Alfa Romeo Milano, GTV, Alfetta. Rovers or Peugeots. Maybe a Starion or Isuzu Impulse. Something off the beaten path, so to speak. Must be RWD (possibly AWD), with 4 seats, and a/c is a definite plus (it works in the XR4ti)

If you are interested, shoot me an email and let me know what you've got.

Located in San Antonio, TX

-matthew

m4ff3w
7/15/09 12:35 p.m.

Sorry if the description is insulting to GRMers (I'm sure everyone here knows the XR) but I copied my CL posting.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/15/09 3:07 p.m.
Trade: My XR4ti for your (???)

Non running Beetle?

LOLZ.

I wish I had some cash to offer you I would come and get it. I shouldn't have sold my last one.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
7/15/09 3:34 p.m.

I don't have anything to trade you for, other than my MX6...

But i'd just like to say that i hope you either get a Turbo Impulse, or a Starion. Make sure it's a widebody.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
7/15/09 3:54 p.m.

what amount of money would make you walk away from it?

Carson
Carson HalfDork
7/15/09 4:19 p.m.

Ackhem, this popped up on CL this very day. Just sayin'

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1270664841.html

m4ff3w
7/15/09 4:40 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: what amount of money would make you walk away from it?

I'd really rather trade it, as the cars that usually pique my interest don't usually come up often.

That said, $1900 would probably get me into something and get it road worthy.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/09 4:46 p.m.

Trade for a 1962 Pontiac Tempest LeMans? Lol. It meets all your qualifications except the a/c!

m4ff3w
7/15/09 4:50 p.m.

Rope drive?

Which engine? If you say Buick 215, you might make me tingly.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
7/15/09 5:16 p.m.

that is a fair price for a car in that condition, however I was hoping the number was slightly lower...good luck finding what you want...

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
7/15/09 8:34 p.m.

How about a basketcase 87 Shelby CSX in dire need of floorboards (Fred Flinstone braking system standard) ? And most of hte parts to get it up and running , including a set of jetta GLI recaros I was gonna mount in it. Come on..you know you want it :)

m4ff3w
7/15/09 8:37 p.m.
RoadWarrior wrote: How about a basketcase 87 Shelby CSX in dire need of floorboards (Fred Flinstone braking system standard) ? And most of hte parts to get it up and running , including a set of jetta GLI recaros I was gonna mount in it. Come on..you know you want it :)

If only Shelby had turned the engine longitudinally and driven the rear wheels.

Interestingly, I did get offered a Shelby Dakota today as well.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
7/15/09 9:53 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
Trade: My XR4ti for your (???)
Non running Beetle? LOLZ. I wish I had some cash to offer you I would come and get it. I shouldn't have sold my last one.

na you just should have sold it to me :)... lol...

funny I was just talking to the wife today about how I want/need a merk lol...

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/16/09 4:37 a.m.

Yes, rope drive, 3-spd on the floor(dogleg pattern). It's got the high-performance "Indy" 4-cyl, bored .030-over, custom-ground cam, been ported, and has an Edelbrock 1405 carb on it.

The brakes are all new, I've flushed the fuel system, rebuilt the carb & put on a filter(it didn't have one!).

I just put a new vacuum advance on & lubed the weights in the distributor. I'm planning on a new coil/wires/plugs & a Pertronix next, and it should be ready to rock.

I cut the springs enough to bring the rear down to 1/2-deg of neg-camber, then cut the front down to match. New shocks on the front, & a custom swaybar on the rear.

The body is really solid, amazingly so for a 47-yr old Midwest car. There's one hole in the floor and a 1" one in each wheel well - that's it! However, there isn't a smooth panel on the car. I've reworked the back & am slowly making my way foreward.

The interior is good too. The seats & dash are nice. There's 1-place the headliner is sagging, the door panel has some wear & the carpet is frayed around the edges.

Oh and it has brand new tires to.

Pm me if you want pics.

m4ff3w wrote: Rope drive? Which engine? If you say Buick 215, you might make me tingly.
dorri732
dorri732 New Reader
7/16/09 7:26 a.m.

PM sent (I think).

m4ff3w
8/12/09 6:38 p.m.

Bumpity.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Reader
8/12/09 6:41 p.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/classifieds/1049/

???

AQC707lookitup
AQC707lookitup
8/25/09 6:01 p.m.

Trade for '62 cutlass with the Aluminum 215? complete/unmolested sitting for years-have trailer...

please contact thru www.coolcarsonline.com

m4ff3w
8/26/09 8:51 p.m.

I've found a car local that I want to purchase. Someone buy the XR4ti for $1950

:)

m4ff3w
8/26/09 9:34 p.m.

More pics below: http://picasaweb.google.com/m4ff3w/Xrati# http://picasaweb.google.com/jmtillman/XRati#

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
8/26/09 9:55 p.m.

I'm too far away and mine's not running...but it never hurts to throw it out there:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/any-interest-in-an-83-corolla/12486/page1/

'83 Corolla. I've got a good engine and 5 speed for it. The AC worked when I drove it home a couple years ago...

m4ff3w
8/26/09 10:03 p.m.

Doesn't hurt to throw it out, that's for sure.

I have my eye, heart, and other body parts set on a BiTurbo for sale here in town.

Not wanting a trade now, just cash monies.

John Brown
8/27/09 6:27 a.m.

I'd like to open the bidding at eight dollars. I don't know how I will come up with it but since no one has made an offer I thought someone should start the bidding war!

m4ff3w
8/28/09 6:59 a.m.

It'll take more than 8 dollars for me to buy the BiTurbo, so the reserve is higher than $8.00

John Brown
8/28/09 7:20 a.m.

It will now cost you $4500.00 because it has been proven that the gub-mint will give people that amount for their old BiTerdo.

Might I suggest 100% more V8 in the XR4Ti?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sHzIHOcqsAZFOSzPx5qZup44B5JzQuSeIHEgVXIvQHVUFUvYh4LvaQ1QgNRQqysQ