1 ... 5 6 7 8
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
7/14/14 11:35 a.m.

It's a weekend trip. You can crash at my place in between. Get on it.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
7/14/14 12:32 p.m.

What he said. Get it get it get it!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/14/14 10:52 p.m.

Well, it said this was a GT,

http://www.copart.com/c2/onSaleResults.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e2s2&lotId=24548684&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
7/15/14 8:26 a.m.

Yep, that's a GT. Looks pretty nice, too!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
7/15/14 3:50 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Swank NMNA, kinda close to you... http://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/4558436364.html

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
7/16/14 9:56 a.m.

Yep that one was posted last page.

Seth REALLY needs to go get that one. Bet dude would take $1250 for it. He can stop off at my place and we can knock out the brakes in about 20 minutes.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
7/16/14 9:16 p.m.

No pics, but this one could be great. Low miles, good price.

http://quincy.craigslist.org/cto/4565691725.html

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/17/14 11:19 a.m.

That thing is really nice. A trip out there isn't possible at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on it. I know, excuses, excuses...

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
7/17/14 3:26 p.m.

I called on the one I just posted. It's automatic. :(

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/19/14 3:40 p.m.

I texted the guy about the one in Chambana...I am going to be heading through Illinois in late august on a road trip, so I figured, what the heck, I'll ask about it. Anyone nearby there?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/19/14 3:49 p.m.

This just got posted by me...Norfolk is the next town over. Looks rough, but might be worth it if there's no frame damage. Are bumpers, lights, and fenders unobtanium? I might have to at least look at it.

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
7/19/14 3:55 p.m.

In reply to sethmeister4:

There's nothing special about the bumpers or fenders. Early 626 Turbo's had different tail lights vs. the n/a cars but I think that changed by 1990. I think the MX-6's all used the same tail lights.

They're not rare cars. Body parts shouldn't be hard to come by.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
7/19/14 4:04 p.m.

626 fenders are different from mx6 fenders. As are bumpers and headlights and grill.

Mx6 tails are different from 626 tails. 88-89 mx6 had amber turn signals in the tails, 90-92 were all red. 88-89 had a better front grill. 90-92 had the ugly slat grill.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/19/14 4:19 p.m.

Oops, here it is.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/4576958703.html

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
7/19/14 4:27 p.m.

A leaky car with nearly 180k miles. So the interior is probably pretty rough, the body looks rough, and it needs the engine and possibly the turbo rebuilt. $250 if you go get it, that'd be a good price to shoot for. Might be a great parts car.

SFOne probably has a better viewpoint but it'd be hard for me to part with my own money for that car unless the price went way down and I had real plans for the thing.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/19/14 8:50 p.m.

Wow, ad is gone already...someone must have needed a parts car! That's the first one I've seen on my local Craigslist in about a year, maybe longer.

Lukeboost
Lukeboost New Reader
7/20/14 5:53 p.m.

The green car posted on last page and at the top of this page is my bosses car. I joined the forum to post it here but I see you guys have already found it. I would like to see it go to an enthusiast, I actually used to own the car. My boss is moving out of state and he needs to get rid of it ASAP. It's a very good running car. Only real downside is some rust on driver rocker and trunk area. I know the mx6s are desirable to some on the forum and this one has potential. If he can't sell it asap I may end up buying it back from him but unfortunately I already have 4 other cars and really don't need this one sitting around. I really like the f2t though!

Lukeboost
Lukeboost New Reader
7/20/14 5:58 p.m.

If I do end up buying it back would anyone be interested in parts off it if it were parted out?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/23/14 12:36 a.m.

I texted the guy with the green one. He sent me a pic of the left lower door/rocker panel. Pretty rough, more rust than I want to mess with. But if that's all there is I guess it's not too bad. Probably rust free for that area!

shoup
shoup New Reader
7/23/14 9:34 p.m.

There is an MX6 GT that has been sitting in a repair shop lot for a few months that they may want to get rid of. The car is just outside of Asheville, NC. Let me know if you are interested and I can check it out. From the road I can tell the paint is faded, but body looks like it is in good condition.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/25/14 1:31 p.m.

So it looks like I may be getting a totally different car than this soon, so my hunt will be ending (for now...I WILL own one of these someday). Keep the links coming, though, if the right deal comes along I might spring for it if it's close by!

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
7/25/14 2:28 p.m.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4586790684.html

What ever you think you're buying...Forget it. Buy this car instead. Seriously, do it. Do it do it! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
7/25/14 4:22 p.m.

Seriously, I may have to kick you in the nads if you don't buy that car.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/26/14 6:07 p.m.

Haha, thanks. At this point I'm pretty much staying local in my hunting. Not putting my own eyes on a car isn't my cup of tea, and setting up someone to check a car out for me is tough/annoying. My possible purchase is kinda boring-economy momentum type car, but super low miles, one owner, and cheap. Plus it's a 4 door, so easy to put my son's car seat in. When I have a house and a garage someday, my MX-6 hunt will continue...or if one pops up near me that is too good to pass up.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/26/14 11:45 p.m.

Hell, I want to buy the red one in Cincinnati.

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oMcrhtoi7SONRPhZ1IKq4fCrd41fKUrxAXVhiBVM4WnwuvbS3QuaIdUxYXwFAYHB