DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
5/2/11 8:44 a.m.

not mine...

The car quit running while being drove down the interstate. I know these 3 things are wrong... relay to fuel pump valve cover gaskets passenger side window busted out Other than that, it's a neat little car!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/2305048135.html

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
5/2/11 10:21 a.m.

Those are fun cars, and parts arent too hard to find, but remember two things. 1. the value of those is based about 90% on whether it has a 3.0 (that one is a 2.5), 9% on condition, and 1% on mechanical condition. In other words, that car is worth less than almost any other car in the same condition. The second thing, that car will need $500+ in work to even drive it ($100 fuel lines, $200 timing belt change, $100 valve cover gaskets, $100 relay). If neither of those things bother you, and you want a car that drives like a miata but isnt useless for more than one under 6 foot tall person, then it would be well worth checking out.

integraguy
integraguy Dork
5/2/11 10:58 a.m.

I actually saw one of these this weekend, it was running, but the paint job looked like it was rattle-canned....either flat black or a REALLY bad semi-gloss black.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/2/11 11:19 a.m.

I have to believe that 3/4 the way through the design the people building this vehicle gave up and ran the car backwards into a wall.

Awesome machines, gruesome tail treatment.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/2/11 11:29 a.m.
John Brown wrote: I have to believe that 3/4 the way through the design the people building this vehicle gave up and ran the car backwards into a wall. Awesome machines, gruesome tail treatment.

Soooo true and soooo funny at the same time.

integraguy
integraguy Dork
5/2/11 3:06 p.m.

John Brown,

I have to agree, if ever a car looked like it was styled by different teams that were never allowed to see each others work, it's a Milano. And yeah, it sort of looks like the Pepperidge Farm cookie bag, when emptied and crumpled up.

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
5/2/11 4:15 p.m.

I drove one daily for 4 years, it wasn't that hard to keep running, it was just amazing how much everything not involved in the engine running was worn out with only 88k miles when I got it.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/2/11 5:03 p.m.

VERSUS:

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
5/2/11 6:34 p.m.

I think the milano is better looking actually.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Reader
5/2/11 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Travis_K:

^^^^ What he said..

tooncesthecat
tooncesthecat New Reader
5/3/11 4:24 a.m.
Travis_K wrote: I think the milano is better looking actually.

Amen.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/3/11 8:42 a.m.

I actually like the GTV-6 better than both but I like the looks of the 164 better than the Milano.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J0wB9DZOeBPy2q2TixYvMytZXv8q56tZkyWVLH1XA2vBpuM5AGzoarbggYFPCLQN