johndej
johndej Reader
5/4/16 9:23 a.m.

NMNA - could probably negotiate down to $2000 and brought back up to snuff.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/5564207275.html

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
5/4/16 10:37 a.m.

Buy for $2k. Sell off most of interior and trim for $, Challenge ready. (I'll take the steering wheel. Every OEM wheel I've seen/had has been bent, ripped, shredded, or all the above.)

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/4/16 1:30 p.m.

Center console looks pretty good too. Been missing my '87 recently...

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/4/16 3:34 p.m.

I was expecting a burned to a crisp mr2.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
5/4/16 6:04 p.m.

Uh oh, this is way too close for comfort, wish me luck......

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/6/16 7:04 a.m.
JtspellS wrote: Uh oh, this is way too close for comfort, wish me luck......

What news if any??

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/6/16 3:05 p.m.

Anyone checked this out? Car looks like a great starting point for....something.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
5/6/16 4:00 p.m.

In reply to Xceler8x:

Talking to him on sunday

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
5/8/16 2:24 p.m.

Okay so just got back from looking at it and it is a fantastic car for the challenge, it would need patch panels mostly on the left side and some on the right (fenders) but the body is fairly solid over all, the hood could be DIY repaired and you'll probably have to slightly pull the front bumper bracket, mechanically it's fairly sound with a newer clutch though there is some grinding going in to gears, he said he also has a spare N/A 88 trans that has 3rd stripped that he would just give away otherwise, final things I could see would be the shimmy in the front end along with the muffler has a hole just after the silencer, tires and basic maintenances would be there too and you would have an amazing fun little car.

For me if I had a garage to do it in I would give him a good challenge offer and do the work myself, problem is I live in an apartment with people who get pissed when you just open your hood.

WushuMR2
WushuMR2 New Reader
5/8/16 8:29 p.m.

If the shimmy is above 50ish mph, that might be him losing the hubcentric rings that go under the rims. A common AW11 issue.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
5/8/16 9:31 p.m.
WushuMR2 wrote: If the shimmy is above 50ish mph, that might be him losing the hubcentric rings that go under the rims. A common AW11 issue.

Unfortunately it was more due to the incident he had that caused the front end damage, though it was felt it seemed as though it was easily fixable (softer hit.)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SxsUQ1TQ2Zg5vIZNuNxpPpo7EwVTY6ivdxhxZ7OggNmVtCfIuZ5DZuzohLt2blAR