Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
5/26/14 8:41 p.m.

Sold!

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
5/28/14 6:14 a.m.

Also, I will deliver anywhere east of the Mississippi for gas + a plane ticket home. Been a while since I've had a good road trip.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
5/28/14 7:49 a.m.

Is that mileage legit? And that AC would use R-134A right?

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/28/14 12:03 p.m.

Ad looks good. I think the price is on target. Are you getting any contact at all?

If my adventure trying to find a stock GS-R at a reasonable price in Richmond is any indicator you'll get a parade of humanity of the irrational and unreasonable sort.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
5/28/14 12:07 p.m.

"A parade of humanity of the irrational and unreasonable sort" is a fantastic description, Xceler8x.

I have had probably 30+ inquiries, only two of whom were what I would consider reasonable. 1 passed because his wife vetoed a third car, the other drove it last weekend and again, liked the car just fine, but was concerned about size and fitting babyseats in the back. Neither had any complaints about the car or price. All of the others were either Honda "tuners" looking to buy it for scrap metal prices, scammers, or people struggling to string a sentence together.

Spitfirebill, mileage is legit (actually just rolled 136K, been driving alot since I posted the ad), and it is a R134a car.

cafcwest
cafcwest HalfDork
5/28/14 1:37 p.m.

Ok, I asked a question w/o actually reading.

I'll send you an email through CL.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
5/28/14 1:44 p.m.

I am sorely tempted to buy this thing, stick a fart can on it and sell it locally for $4k to the local ricer crowd

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
5/28/14 2:02 p.m.

Only real negative on the car is it isn't pretty cosmetically. It's lived downtown all it's life, and "bumping" is apparently legal in VA when it comes to parallel parking. So both front and rear bumpers have lots of scrapes and scratches.

To me, this was actually a twisted benefit, I can park it in the Fan, Shockoe, Carytown, VCU, and leave it for the night without worrying that someone is opening their door into mine or brushes it because they can't parallel park. If they did that to my other cars, I'd be pissed.

Just want to be 100% honest with you guys (especially if you're viewing it long distance and considering a trip to take a look). It looks fine from 10 feet, but it's not a garage queen. Mechanically it's in great shape.

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
5/28/14 2:22 p.m.

Is this a sunroof car? I can't really tell from the photos.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
5/28/14 3:03 p.m.

Any rust?

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/28/14 3:33 p.m.

Seems like a great price. If I was looking for an efficient commuter I would be all over it.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
5/28/14 5:00 p.m.

MCarp22, it is a sunroof car. Checked on the way home, works fine. This was the first time I've ever used it, not a sunroof guy (at all) .

Spitfirebill, its been a Virginia car all its life, so there is minimal rust. Some small surface rust on brackets and such, and 1 small spot still under the paint behind the driver's rear wheel.

Dculerson, thanks! It's been a great car, done exactly what I needed a cheap commuter to do and is great fun to drive, I actually haven't been trying that hard to sell it because of that, but driveway space is getting tight with 2 roommates, one of whom is also a car guy, so it's time to thin the herd.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
5/28/14 5:43 p.m.

Good looking car...good luck with the sale...

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
5/28/14 8:36 p.m.
Flynlow wrote: MCarp22, it is a sunroof car. Checked on the way home, works fine. This was the first time I've ever used it, not a sunroof guy (at all) .

That's too bad. I was going to sell a kidney if it was a hardtop, as I can't fit in Integras with a sunroof.

beans
beans Dork
5/29/14 5:59 p.m.
MCarp22 wrote:
Flynlow wrote: MCarp22, it is a sunroof car. Checked on the way home, works fine. This was the first time I've ever used it, not a sunroof guy (at all) .
That's too bad. I was going to sell a kidney if it was a hardtop, as I can't fit in Integras with a sunroof.

Same here, I can fit, but I'd rather have an RS. Both of my Integras have been RS's and I wouldn't have them any other way.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
5/29/14 9:12 p.m.

In reply to JFX001:

Thanks man! Good to hear from you . How's Delaware these days? Any progress on the MR2 or LS?

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
5/30/14 2:06 p.m.

Delaware is Delaware.

After failing to procure a valid Title, the MR2 is on the back burner. If anybody wanted it for a rally x project, it can be had for free (limited time offer, expires in two weeks).

I sent the LS to a well deserved group for an upcoming project car.

OutsideGroove
OutsideGroove New Reader
6/2/14 5:54 p.m.

Free MR2? More info plz

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ah3tKVwoHwLMbYLhiTSQPCnz6JRzrgYTy1WMBCXgIqpToKacj65IiG16KiYxfr2J