1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/23/12 1:43 p.m.

Edit: SOLD!

I am posting this for a friend who has no computer and no cell phone, so texts and email are not an option. If you are interested, contact me through the forum and I'll send you his phone number.

Photobucket

This is a 2002 Subaru WRX wagon with 192k miles, five speed and it needs a bit of love. I will do my best to point out all of it's flaws.

He is the ORIGINAL owner. Most of the paint is original, aside from the hood and the bumper. A woman backed into him and the hood, bumper and radiator were replaced. Subsequent to that he struck a deer (hood damage) and then his father backed his truck into the passenger's side fender in the driveway (fender only). The hood and fender have obviously not been repaired again. None of these incidents were at high speed. The car has never been modified in any way.

The interior is dirty but in relatively good condition. The car needs tires, there is an exhaust leak and it needs a CV joint. The clutch feels good, but it is the original (he is not an aggressive driver). The timing belt was replaced once. There are a few rust bubbles around the rear wheel arches, but nothing major. He was told by the dealer that the wrong radiator was installed when the hood was replaced and he says that the temp runs on the high side of normal. The rear view mirror has fallen off the windshield.

I am trying to be as honest and forthcoming as I can be about this car. It is located in Woodbury Connecticut. It needs work, but it is a cheap, one owner WRX. He'll take $2012, but I'm not sure if he will take $2011. I have dibs on the car at any number that doesn't begin with "2". It has not yet been listed on Craigslist or eBay, although both are coming and the car will be listed for a higher price there.

Contact me for his phone number.

Thanks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

NGTD
NGTD Dork
6/23/12 3:42 p.m.

Take those damn rubber strips off the back fenders. They cause rust by holding all the crap there.

corytate
corytate Dork
6/23/12 6:04 p.m.

damnit I would love to have that.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/23/12 6:45 p.m.

Damn, why do I have to be broke atm..

LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
6/23/12 7:07 p.m.

That is begging for a front mount IC and a standard Impreza hood to fix the obvious oops. Would love to have but it's not in the cards at present.

Spinout007
6/23/12 10:10 p.m.

Woody, think you friend would be interested in possible trades?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/23/12 10:29 p.m.

If Atlanta Region had a rallyx program, I might be headed for Connecticut tomorrow morning.

Spinout007
6/23/12 10:58 p.m.

Fire sale started, gotta raise 2500.00 quick. (Figuring the price of a plane ticket and gas home)

Since my phone won't let me open your contact info, and before I get excited over this thing. Is the center diff making any noises, how are the syncros on the trans? Diff noises? Tire condition? You said he's not an aggressive driver, but I thought I would throw those out there.

Woody
6/24/12 6:10 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote: Fire sale started, gotta raise 2500.00 quick. (Figuring the price of a plane ticket and gas home) Since my phone won't let me open your contact info, and before I get excited over this thing. Is the center diff making any noises, how are the syncros on the trans? Diff noises? Tire condition? You said he's not an aggressive driver, but I thought I would throw those out there.

You have mail.

Transmission and differential are good.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
6/24/12 9:12 a.m.

Woody, you have mail.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
6/24/12 11:27 a.m.

If anyone here picks this WRX up, I'm hauling off a few parts and sending my BRP '02 Impreza TS to the scrapper the week of the 4th. I'm a few hours north, but GRMers are welcome to grab whatever they like off it free of charge. Body is a bit weathered, but the passenger fender is straight(er) and the grill is good.

For that matter, the shell is about as good as this one and still has a clean title. Bring a trailer and take the whole car with you if you like. Pic in "My Garage." noeyesquareguy at gmail if interested.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just hook a brother or two up.

Woody
6/24/12 11:32 a.m.

This car is sold!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/24/12 11:35 a.m.

yup, we just bought it to beat on and use for our Factory 5 818 project.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/24/12 12:50 p.m.

Awesome!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
6/24/12 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard:

Cool

dculberson
dculberson Dork
6/25/12 9:43 a.m.

Well bought!!

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
6/25/12 10:29 a.m.

I think this purchase will play well in the article of THE ALL GRM 818 with all part sourced either from FF, direct or the GRM forum.

Perhaps an 818 builders subforum in the making to be to go-to location for 818 builders.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
6/25/12 12:18 p.m.

Man... and it's even a white one.... I miss my 2002 WRX wagon every day.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
6/26/12 10:36 a.m.
ValuePack wrote: If anyone here picks this WRX up, I'm hauling off a few parts and sending my BRP '02 Impreza TS to the scrapper the week of the 4th. I'm a few hours north, but GRMers are welcome to grab whatever they like off it free of charge. Body is a bit weathered, but the passenger fender is straight(er) and the grill is good. For that matter, the shell is about as good as this one and still has a clean title. Bring a trailer and take the whole car with you if you like. Pic in "My Garage." noeyesquareguy at gmail if interested. Not trying to hijack the thread, just hook a brother or two up.

I just sent you an email. interested in the TS possibly at scrap price.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
6/26/12 6:22 p.m.
ValuePack wrote: If anyone here picks this WRX up, I'm hauling off a few parts and sending my BRP '02 Impreza TS to the scrapper the week of the 4th. I'm a few hours north, but GRMers are welcome to grab whatever they like off it free of charge. Body is a bit weathered, but the passenger fender is straight(er) and the grill is good. For that matter, the shell is about as good as this one and still has a clean title. Bring a trailer and take the whole car with you if you like. Pic in "My Garage." noeyesquareguy at gmail if interested. Not trying to hijack the thread, just hook a brother or two up.

What color interior? I need a damn light grey headrest for my grandparents impreza outback...How's the airbox (there's a crack in theirs) and fogs ? Got a 5 speed? I need to replace the very noisy one in my RS......argh...nevermind, I don't think the TS came with a 4.11 finaldrive.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
6/26/12 7:40 p.m.
sachilles wrote: I just sent you an email. interested in the TS possibly at scrap price.

Email returned, you're first in line.

RoadWarrior: No gray headrests here. Front seats are black WRX units, stock seats have been sold. Airbox is perfect. Trans is good, but has three trillion miles and is a 3.90 unit. All dibs go to sachilles until further notice, I'll be back if he turns the car down.

EDIT: oh yeah, fogs: functional and glass is in good shape, they lived under clear 3M covers until last year. One broken tab on one unit, I still have the tab if you'd like to epoxy it back on. Driver's bulb is blown. The sheetmetal fog mounts on the bumper cover have long since returned to the earth, so the fogs are nut and bolted in with whatever I had laying around at work that day, I suspect they'll be rusty and murder to get off the car.

Boy, we hijacked this thread good!

sachilles
sachilles Dork
6/27/12 8:53 a.m.

Returned email. I plan on taking it provided you are ok with what was in the email. Regardless, the fogs aren't a top priority. Roadwarrior if you want to trade the cracked one for one of the good ones, have at it.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
6/27/12 3:47 p.m.

The TS is gone to sachilles pending arrival of a trailer.

RoadWarrior: looks like you're making out.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/29/12 9:26 p.m.

We picked up the WRX today and are very happy with the purchase. Thanks Woodie. Honestly we drove it some and started cleaning it up and it might be too nice to part. We do need that right front fender though. Either way, we will write some stories and Tommy took some awesome action shots of it at the beach tonight. I am sure he will post something soon.

Woody
6/30/12 3:57 a.m.

Please don't make me start shopping for a cheap WRX....

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
piBnQFUyxBce554MMj8yUIPm25hdEHgAGEJ9OBVpu1luBFJ6WsWilKU54Z9rA0Fr