Finnerty
Finnerty New Reader
10/11/12 10:00 p.m.

Located in Falls Church, VA 22042

Hi, Please read everything here before asking a question, since I think everything has been covered.

PHOTOS: http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg541/mercantile1/?start=all

I got this as a $2012 Challenge car, but ended up bringing a 98 civic that I got a few weeks before the challenge instead. This ended up at the top of the budget, and still had some issues (described below), meanwhile the civic ended up being a great car that I had a lot of fun with at the challenge, and I think that I will keep the civic instead, it's making a nice dd, and as I'm finding out, was a heck of a deal.

So I bought this car here (this post includes most of what was done to the car): http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/volvo-760-v8-turbo/49920/page1/

And Since then have added: Used Bilstein front shocks, 25mm front sway bar, 450lb front springs, 200lb rear shocks, and racing seat.

PRICE IS $2,000 Can consider trades for another 25+ year old car that runs/ drives.

Anyhow, when I bought it, there were a number of issues that were covered up/ undisclosed, so I'm going to make known every issue outstanding:

1- It always starts eventually, but sometimes it takes a few tries, moreso when hot. I believe this to be either a fueling issue or an issue with some megasquirt cranking/ starting setting or warmup enrichment value.
2- It ran fine, but the megasquirt was tuned so richly for a while that that it likely fouled the plugs (this manifests itself when the car transitions into boost, it stutters. But when it's running around out of boost, it's running just fine on all 8), so it needs plugs again, and doing plugs on this car means turbo manifold removal. 3- It needs tuned (properly tuned, right now it works/runs/drives, but it's not proper, everything is too rich). BTW, if you know MS, you know this is easy, it just takes 2 people driving around, one to hold the laptop, one to drive. I just never had any volunteers to help out and it got too dangerous driving around with the laptop and doing it myself. 4- It has a leak at the fuel tank someplace. It may only be when you fill the tank 100%, but the only time I filled the tank, some fuel was spilling out around the tank area. It's possible this was just an overflow line. 5- Be aware that this car is rough, and contrary to what the previous owner said in his for sale post, it is by no means any sort of daily driver, it's a toy, too may things have been removed or tinkered with for it to be daily reliable.

Would it make a long drive? Actually, Yes, I do believe it would make a longer drive, but it would be very uncomfortable, hot (a lot of heat from the heater core just dumps towards the driver since there's no air ducts to close), and you would be worried about it breaking the whole time. I have driven it around 100 miles from home, and the drive was just as I described above.

It still has working power windows, a bunch of the gauges don't work or are inaccurate.

The body is in very good shape, only a couple very tiny rust spots.

I cleaned up the interior, but it's still rough.

Also includes an extra set of volvo 'Rigel' aluminum wheels.

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
10/11/12 10:14 p.m.

Location? Looks like VA plates...

Bryce

Finnerty
Finnerty New Reader
10/11/12 10:24 p.m.

Thanks! Just added location to original post.

Caleb
Caleb Reader
10/12/12 9:43 a.m.

Interested in a 85 mr2 ? the body needs TLC but it has BC coilovers ,enkie wheels,prothane bushings,engine was freshened-up about 30k miles ago, new clutch, ball joints, wheel bearings, fuel pump and tie rods

The only issue right now is it needs a new MAF but i have ordered on and it'll be here next week

pic

email if your interested maxey01@lynchburg.net

and im located near lynchburg va

Finnerty
Finnerty New Reader
10/14/12 1:20 p.m.

Bump. Thinking about it, already had a 1g mr2 though, may hold out for cash or something I haven't had before.

Finnerty
Finnerty New Reader
10/22/12 10:29 p.m.

TTT. may also consider trade for: Vette Rear suspension, may also have a need for a complete SBC engine.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
11/9/12 1:12 a.m.

How about an 89 240dl with 107K, meet you halfway from Portland, OR to VA...doesn't that sound like a fun adventure? I'm actually serious though...haha

-Josh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yvLPpxqAf6NL2QjYtkOEF0p39GtG8c82voPPx937376mpoJEj2vCk3bqdEHNicxV