yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/10/13 2:14 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote: Nice way to grab a Supra without much competition though

This, prolly a 7mGE....but at least its a stick

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
4/10/13 3:06 p.m.

for $500 you don't get/expect much in the way of explanation .... either you want it or you don't want it ....

or he's an experienced CL poster and realized no matter how much info he put in the ad, the calls would still come asking exactly what he had written ... so to save time with the ad .....

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/13 8:45 p.m.

The only thing that could've made it better is if it "needed tuned" as well.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
4/10/13 9:10 p.m.

Or if the post said "Runs and drives. Passed emissions. Fuel injectors is causing the truck to burn gas. Other than that this SUV is sound."

I thought that one was a winner.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
4/11/13 7:56 a.m.

Why do they always take side pictures of the car that cut off the nose and tail? What, was it too much trouble to back up another 5 feet and take the picture?

A buddy of mine once went to look at a car on CL that was advertised with such a picture. When he got there, the first thing he noticed was that the car had been hit in the front....and...in the back.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/11/13 8:11 a.m.

He managed to get one photo with the whole car. the back.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/11/13 8:11 a.m.

Gives out his phone number AND address, how come the Nigerians haven't scooped him up?

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/11/13 8:12 a.m.
wbjones wrote: for $500 you don't get/expect much in the way of explanation .... either you want it or you don't want it .... or he's an experienced CL poster and realized no matter how much info he put in the ad, the calls would still come asking exactly what he had written ... so to save time with the ad .....

That's funny! Oh wait, you were kidding, right?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/11/13 8:21 a.m.

Are those wheels from a Chrysler Sebring?

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/11/13 8:23 a.m.

I dunno, but they look like they could be. But your post made me look at the ad again, and I noticed that he actually added pictures (and removed one) and more description since I first posted this. The original ad had a pic of the hood and one of the interior, that's it. The description just had his name and phone number.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
4/11/13 8:35 a.m.

You get his address, phone number, and licenses plates info without even trying!

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/11/13 8:36 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

Everything about him and nothing about his car!

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/11/13 9:30 a.m.

And are there really 4 flat tires?

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
4/11/13 10:04 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
wbjones wrote: for $500 you don't get/expect much in the way of explanation .... either you want it or you don't want it .... or he's an experienced CL poster and realized no matter how much info he put in the ad, the calls would still come asking exactly what he had written ... so to save time with the ad .....
That's funny! Oh wait, you were kidding, right?

sorta ....

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/11/13 7:41 p.m.

And yet somebody still bought it.

fujioko
fujioko New Reader
4/11/13 7:54 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: And yet somebody still bought it.

It selled?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/11/13 10:12 p.m.

Depending on what was up with it, that could have been a steal. Hell we found out a MKIII Supra with out suspension, wheels, interior, engine, basically anything that could be removed is $300 in scrap...

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/13/13 11:37 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Depending on what was up with it, that could have been a steal. Hell we found out a MKIII Supra with out suspension, wheels, interior, engine, basically anything that could be removed is $300 in scrap...

You could easily be right about this. But I have a question. How many of us here will take the frustration to deal with someone that posts and ad like that? I usually pass on ads that are done like that, or where they mispell a bunch of things, or tell you about their clear tail lamps but not the mileage on the car, or someone that lists the ad like they are doing everyone else a favor. Those are just examples, but you guys know what I mean. Do I miss a lot of good deals because of this? Just wondering.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wujErYIqHyTsslrohJnAupTwVZ0LgTtbDh48QlWfWevaClUNnuG6hWDvTO4rZlHn