OutsideGroove
OutsideGroove New Reader
5/20/13 11:33 p.m.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3818532116.html

Not mine and I know nothing about it but saw it and thought the price is right for a heck of a challenge car.

Josh
Josh SuperDork
5/21/13 7:13 a.m.

Uh, I think the craigslist delusion thread is that way.

CL crazy person said: This is a very rare, very original car. Only 25,528 original miles. This car was last registered in Oklahoma in 1986 and has been sitting ever since. This survivor car is 100% original and never messed with.

A. Never messed with! Has this guy actually seen the pictures he himself posted?

B. Why do sellers insist on touting the number on the odometer of a car in a condition such as this? Am I really going to take this over a 100K mile driver that isn't half in boxes, with bad paint, rust, and random bird's nests made of wires all over the place?

That said, the price isn't insane and this does look like it could be the start of a pretty cool project .

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
5/21/13 7:17 a.m.

I don't think I had ever heard the term "survivor car" until about a month or two ago, and now I hear it every other day.

Cooter
Cooter New Reader
5/21/13 7:29 a.m.

In reply to Josh:

100%

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/13 7:37 a.m.

I love Fiestas.

But not that one...

RossD
RossD UberDork
5/21/13 7:39 a.m.
The seller said: There is no rot, but there is some surface rust here and there. [...] The only rot on the car is two small holes on the driver's side floorboard.

Which one is it?

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
5/21/13 1:20 p.m.
RossD wrote:
The seller said: There is no rot, but there is some surface rust here and there. [...] The only rot on the car is two small holes on the driver's side floorboard.
Which one is it?

Yes.

peter
peter HalfDork
5/21/13 3:01 p.m.
seller 1978 Ford Fiesta Ghia turbo 1.6L 4-speed standard. This is a very rare, very original car.

Which one is it? Because it's definitely not both.

RossD
RossD UberDork
5/21/13 3:27 p.m.
stupid seller said: This survivor car is 100% original and never messed with

But someone partially added a turbo, hacked into the wiring to add some crappy gauges, took the seats and at least one door panel out of the car, boogered some hood scoop thingy on....

Should I continue?

This car is the exact opposite of a survivor car, it is not 100% original and has been completely messed with.

jimbbski
jimbbski HalfDork
5/21/13 4:27 p.m.

I have owned 3 of these things and the first one was a '78 in this color. The UGLIEST color a Fiesta could ever come in! This is a parts car and I wouldn't pay more then $450.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
5/21/13 5:52 p.m.

To play devils advocate, most people see these old tiny cars and the first thing they think is "Hey Jethro, lets cram a treefiddy in that thar furrin thing", proceed to cut the trans tunnel out of it and then promptly lose interest, by redneck hackjob standards, this car is pretty unmolested.

beans
beans New Reader
5/23/13 7:41 a.m.

They've done studies, you know: 60% of the time, it's rot free everytime.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
5/23/13 8:09 a.m.

"You will be the only one around with a car like this. "

You don't say?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 New Reader
5/23/13 10:10 a.m.

In reply to OutsideGroove:

Here's another one for sale in MI (not mine)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3795191163.html

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SoWtEWjFFOIM4ALMESgdIIg3MZnwZzK3RuGx9k2iY9dVHlwGWeXETdbyFJTY6hJY