Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/14 5:54 p.m.

Not mine, etc...

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/4750145027.html

Very rare peugeot 505 up for Sale. You will probably never see one of these for sale again with a very rare manual transmission and turbo engine with a limited slip differential (lsd) the car is catless with a full 2 1/2 turbo back exhaust with a center exit pypes race muffler. The car has 136k miles on it and you would never know from the drivers seat, the Interior is in great shape and upon turning the key it starts intently and runs like a top. The car has fresh oil, spark plugs, coil pack and could air intake. It comes with 3 more matching wheels as well. This car it from 1986 and lived it's while life in newengland. So you can imagine there is some rust. However nothing too serious ( structual ) if you like very rare cool old European sports cars call or text at 8six0-six0five-598two

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
11/29/14 4:37 a.m.

I almost bought a Pug 505 Turbo a couple of years back before finding my Alfa. Very fun car, even with the transmission stuck in third gear, but it wasn't in the greatest of shapes. They were quite successful in SCCA road racing in the 80s, too.

505 Turbo-specific parts are nearly impossible to find. The water pump has long been NLA (they can be rebuilt) and the only company that makes gaskets is Cometic. If you buy this car, join 505turbo.com forums. Oh, and replace those ugly USDM sealed beams with Euro headlights. You'll be glad you did.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
11/29/14 8:46 a.m.

Question : are parts NLA just in North America, or Have the Frogs given up pn them too?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/29/14 9:43 a.m.

Parts are available in NA through a couple sources.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/30/14 7:34 a.m.

I remember the articles about them back in the day, the reason why they were everywhere in road racing was because Peugeot had the best contingency.

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
12/5/14 3:12 p.m.

I don't like saying this because, hell, everyone says it...but if that were local it would be in my driveway. Mostly I love that front end, and 17 vehicles into life I have yet to own a turbo. Parts availability...eh. Cross that bridge later.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
12/5/14 3:52 p.m.

Never have had a 505 but owned a 504 diesel wagon for a while. Loved that car. Absolute tank.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0yn8khXwyMCmy6ekT2Pete4Ya6sasafKcQjZiYprEpONsZz67Wc6EiCWjCn7stqN