chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
3/27/13 8:22 a.m.

Edited the link out since it sold!

I know how you guys like these, it is pretty nice. Not mine although his wife works for me; will take $1500 last I heard.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
3/27/13 8:58 a.m.

Eh, it just sold.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
3/27/13 10:15 a.m.

If it falls through, let me know. I am loosely looking for a friend.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
3/27/13 11:15 a.m.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do we like about these again?

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/27/13 12:06 p.m.
Sil80redtop wrote: Forgive my ignorance, but what do we like about these again?

It looks like you just got your "reader" merit badge that you were worrying about in the other thread. Congratulations. You will be assimilated.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/27/13 12:48 p.m.

Lightweight car that is as simple as Lincoln Logs, and almost no rubber in the suspension so the handling is direct in ways new cars could only dream of.

At least, that's what I like about them. And they made coupe, sedan, and wagon with every possible engine and transmission, so getting what you want is just a matter of waiting for it to come up for sale.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/27/13 1:18 p.m.

They also get great mileage, are easy to work on, and fun to drive. Oh, and they also make great city cars as the doors don't ding. (but do shatter if hit when it's cold )

I dig em.......They are more fun than you'd expect, and so cheap these days they are almost free. I've always wanted a 95 SW2--- old body with new interior.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
3/27/13 2:25 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
It looks like you just got your "reader" merit badge that you were worrying about in the other thread. Congratulations. You will be assimilated.

Yep, post 101 did the trick. Those actually sound like pretty good arguments for liking the SL2.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
3/27/13 3:13 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: If it falls through, let me know. I am loosely looking for a friend.

Guy showed up with cash and didn't dicker..

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
3/27/13 7:01 p.m.

Sounds like he was a better buyer than I would have been. Congrats to your buddy.

As for why we like...it is not that these cars are completely the best; they are not. It is just that they have hit the GRM sweet spot where a brand being quickly forgotten about and relative ease of maint has combined for low buy-in prices.

I wonder if the buyer was this Toledo Dealer who specializes in Saturn S-series cars at pretty high prices. Seems he currently has 20 in stock.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
3/27/13 9:09 p.m.

i like saturns for the same reason i like ramen noodles; They only cost a quarter, and are probably worth twice that.

bikerbenz
bikerbenz New Reader
3/27/13 10:31 p.m.
belteshazzar wrote: i like saturns for the same reason i like ramen noodles; They only cost a quarter, and are probably worth twice that.

Trying to get quoted in GRM?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NXaN4Tg6OtPo9fvJpkF7PfQTCTU973j4d6v9jJ4PChVvauOVUG5ZBirvNAH2y0Iv