Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
8/2/11 10:02 a.m.

So I may be getting an LS1 / T56 combo but I would need to sell off the 13B etc. in the car to offset the costs.

Basically the motor, trans and megasquirt would be up for sale. If these would sell for enough to help offset the costs I may go ahead and part it out. Still in the car running.

The motor is a 6-port 13B Streetport done by Pettit Racing about two years ago. It has less than 5000 miles on it. I have receipts etc. for the parts which were purchased new from Mazdaspeed. Set up to drop into a first gen but would go into a 2nd gen with a front cover swap.

The motor makes 160whp on a dynapak which typically reads a little low. I can get the dyno sheet if needed. It was featured in GRM and went from 140whp on the stock GSL-SE computer to the 160 it makes now. I think the exhaust may be the restriction at this point.

The rebuild was pretty standard with new seals, gaskets etc. but used new FD rotor housings and RX-8 Rotors milled to accept the regular 13B apex seals.

The megasquirt was installed and tuned by DIYAutoTune. I can include all the details on it from the article in the magazine.

It uses a S4 intake with 4 550cc (IIRC) injectors.

Trans is stock. Racing Beat Aluminum Flywheel. Can include another friction plate for the Flywheel.

What do you all think this might be worth? I could do a package deal or break it up. Research and solicitation of advise from the RX-7 Club puts it between $1500 and $2500 depending on what all is included.

I was going to list the motor complete to the flywheel for $1800 and $250 for the megasquirt. Little more for the trans etc.

Let me know if there is any interest or offers. I would need to sell at least the short block to go ahead and part it out.

Thanks,

Greg

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/3/11 11:29 a.m.

Damn you florida why are you 17 hours away!

Do you have any pictures of the front cover/mounts? I would need to verify that the 13B would slot into where the 12A in my MG lives. Also any details on the Megasquirt install. My engine bay is different than yours and probably much more of a stand alone install. Does it use the MS for spark or just fuel? Is the OMP still intact or do you pre-mix?

Willing to ship? Otherwise it could be crazy weekend time again..

nocones
8/3/11 11:47 a.m.

I tried to PM you but it seems broken..

Please email me @ nocones_625 at yahoo dot com sow we can talk more about this.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
8/3/11 11:23 p.m.

Email sent!

gp99
gp99 GRM+ Memberand None
8/4/11 7:14 a.m.

In reply to Greg Voth: Hi Greg, I tried to send you 2 PM's yesterday am evidently w/o success. Please email me @ gp99@cfl.rr.com

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
8/4/11 7:37 a.m.

Email sent GP99

For some reason my email on here is to my old address and I have been unable to change it. I will send Tom a message on it.

My email is gregory.k.voth (at) gmail.com

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
8/4/11 8:37 a.m.

For some reason Greg had no address at all in the admin. That's fixed now. I encourage you to send him private messages, or perhaps send messages that include photos of fat people naked.

nocones
8/4/11 8:41 a.m.

Those would be a special kind of private.

Greg I responded to your email. I will call you to discuss in more detail.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
8/4/11 10:39 a.m.

Looks tentatively sold to nocones.

I need to see the LS1 to make sure it is not a complete POS. If not then it will be pulled out to go to its new (and much more badass) home in the MG.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
8/5/11 1:50 p.m.

Sold to nocones.

Put a deposit down on the LS1/T56 Camaro. The yard is going to take some parts of the car (fenders, lights, etc.) then give us the car for a month so we can take everything we need for the swap. Once we finish we give them the car back. Pretty sweet deal.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
8/8/11 12:32 a.m.

SCORE!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3mJOEKdX7o6lEPBvwgDxh9JEDl2e0CFGts3mSqX1deP11QQ9B8YKgcLp9XzymoYX