Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/17/09 7:55 p.m.

I'm in the process of thinning the fleet a bit and I have decided that I have too many pit bikes, so it's time to put this little beauty up for sale.

Photobucket

It's a 1979 Tomos Bullet moped, 49cc two stroke, with a two speed transmission.

It's as smooth running and as finely crafted as you would expect a thirty year old Yugoslavian moped to be.

There's no clutch, it just shifts into a higher ratio at about 15 mph. It's not a show winner but it's in surprisingly good condition, as it was in the original owner's family until last year. There is a 1"x1" L-shaped tear in the side of the seat. I have removed the basket and rack since this photo was taken. I still have the rack, in case you'd like to add some saddlebags or a gun rack.

Yesterday, I cleaned up the electrical contacts, put in some fresh gas and fired it up. I spent about an hour ripping around my neighborhood on it. Unfortunately, every attractive female living in the area saw me riding it. None of them flagged me down to get my phone number.

Not sure if the lights work, but I know that the reflectors do.

Is it fast? It will do 30-35, which is scary fast considering that it's probably on it's original tires. The front forks aren't exactly stiff. You wouldn't want to go any faster.

Brakes? Yup, two of 'em.

Price? $425. Or make me an offer. I won't be insulted, although I may just ignore it. If you've been saving up for a nice Czechoslovakian moped but just can't swing the payments, this may be your ticket to ride.

For you kids out there who'd like to learn a little about Yugoslavia, click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslavia

Their primary exports were ethnic tension, adult film stars and mopeds.

Photobucket

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
6/18/09 10:00 p.m.
Woody wrote: Their primary exports were ethnic tension, adult film stars and mopeds.

You forgot Yugos!!

I should buy this thing just to go with the Yugo from Hell!

Woody
6/19/09 6:26 a.m.

Wow, how could I forget the Yugo?

And, yes, you should buy it.

Woody
6/23/09 11:11 a.m.

Sold!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
svRlqaSwvrymuwcoXXAQz58nqIr642Lg7T1jETJRLC6xmoMra5SMi81dMmou0kiF