Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
10/6/16 8:51 p.m.

1977 Chevrolet Chevette. 1.6L, 4 speed, Deluxe interior, Pop out 1/4 windows, Factory A/C (inop), Panasport wheels

The good: Paint 7/10 Floors are REALLY clean for these cars, Drives great, RARE original Panasport wheels with centers, Later windshield without lock strip, Missing headliner is $110 on Rock Auto, Back seat out but included, Factory A/C!

The Bad: Paint not perfect. Could use some touch ups/detailing, Floors have beer can sized holes under both seats, Slight exhaust leak (just replaced manifold), shifter a bit floppy, Wheels are 4x108 and the adapters to the Chevette 4x100 hubs make the tires rub on corners, Windshield leaks, hence the floors, Headliner missing, Back seat has a hole and is removed, A/C compressor missing.

The Awesome: Presents really well! Looks great from 10 feet and gets the most compliments of all my Chevettes, Despite the slight rust this car is VERY clean for a Chevette, Daily driver-choke and high idle work, gets the best mileage at the cruise night! Wheels look SWEET! Good windshield! You wouldn't have noticed the headliner if I hadn't pointed it out! Cargo liner included for the right price, cool speakers installed where the back seat was! A/C would probably be fine with a new compressor and line!

I've listed this car locally before but this time I need it really needs to go. I just don't have the space to store it inside this winter, and it is too clean to let sit through the snow. It would be a great V8 swap candidate, but it's really too nice to cut up. It is loads of fun and gets plenty of compliments. Runs and drives great-I've been using it daily all summer.

Asking $1800.00 o.b.o. on GRM. Open to trades, but cash is better as I need the space. If you wanna engine swap and challenge it, let's make a deal where I keep what you don't need.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
10/7/16 4:02 a.m.

So much want so little money.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/7/16 6:45 a.m.

Love the color.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/16 7:01 a.m.

Floors are really clean with beer can size holes under the seats????

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/7/16 7:21 a.m.

That is fantastic. It needs an S2000 powertrain and a full pro-street makeover. One day I'll snag a 2dr vette just for that purpose... but not today. I need a truck before I can fetch anymore toys.

Good luck with the sale.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
10/7/16 9:20 a.m.

I LOLed a little bit at the OP. There is no such thing as a Chevette too good to cut up.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
10/7/16 9:55 a.m.

This is my 2nd favorite Chevette ever, right below the old Hot Rod "Bad Seed" Chevette with the Caddy 500 swapped in. It looks great with the early front end and that paint color, and the Panasports really seal the deal. I think an Ecotec Turbo swap would be killer in this car.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
10/7/16 6:34 p.m.

Sale pending.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/8/16 8:40 a.m.

What's the big white cylinder on the firewall, left side?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/8/16 9:21 a.m.

My mom had a '78 when I was little so this car makes me smile. Love the color as well. Hope it finds a hood GRM home!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
10/8/16 10:07 a.m.
914Driver wrote: What's the big white cylinder on the firewall, left side?

A/C dryer?

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
10/9/16 7:46 a.m.

Sold to the guy with a turbo 4 door.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E4AzXKNxNXKZBgLGyWoZJoaxSuzaJSaZfkvfhq2C0Cr87awUXR2Blx8OCNGqH6BO