fiesta78
fiesta78
8/1/17 8:06 p.m.

1978 Fiesta in need of home. Complete and assembled. Low mile engine with Formula Ford head, high compression pistons, many upgrades (Suspension, brakes, 2 sets of wheels, etc.) Has not been run for many years. Great project for someone with the time. Located in Philadelphia.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
8/1/17 8:21 p.m.

I need this like a hole in the head, but put up some pics as I am only an hour or so away.

Paul B

fiesta78
fiesta78 New Reader
8/3/17 6:33 p.m.

Linky

Here is a link to some pictures. I am new here and do not seem to know how to make the link hot. The car is not pretty but is complete.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
8/3/17 7:01 p.m.
fiesta78 wrote: I am new here and do not seem to know how to make the link hot. The car is not pretty but is complete.

I've been here for years and still can't.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/3/17 7:36 p.m.

In reply to fiesta78:

Welcome! I warmed up your link to make it clickable. Hotlinking directly from google drive has it's challenges as they don't seem to give you the address for the images.

fiesta78
fiesta78 New Reader
8/3/17 9:26 p.m.

thanks

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
8/3/17 9:36 p.m.

I love it. Any clues to what it needs to get running?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/4/17 8:34 a.m.

What's the adoption fee?

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
8/4/17 11:20 a.m.

and what amount of Blood Sweat and Tears would you need for this Fine piece of machinery.

fiesta78
fiesta78 New Reader
8/4/17 7:21 p.m.

As to what it would need to run.The engine hasn't been turned over in probalbly 15 years. It ran well before that. The price is highly negotiable. A few hundred. The important part is that it goes somewhere besides the scrap yard. I got the car in 1980 and have been through every bit of it. Autocrossed it for awhile, even did a track day at Watkins Glen with it in 1989. I havn't had the time to do anything with it and my wife would like it out of the driveway.

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
9/1/17 9:09 p.m.

I feel like I am destined for this. Alas too many projects

128racecar
128racecar Reader
9/1/17 10:11 p.m.

What's the rust situation besides the obvious surface rust? I may be willing to drive out from Indy.

roadsportusa
roadsportusa New Reader
9/6/17 6:46 p.m.

In reply to fiesta78 :

I am interested in the car. I live in new hope and can pick it up. lets talk call Ron 267-230-5879

roadsportusa
roadsportusa New Reader
9/15/17 12:32 p.m.

I will buy the car!  Please call me Ron

cell 267-230-8597

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/15/17 12:36 p.m.

Aunt Bee, call the man!!! 

fiesta78
fiesta78 New Reader
9/15/17 4:21 p.m.

In reply to roadsportusa :

Ron,

I tried to call both numbers. Neither one seemed to be you, Please check the number if you are interested.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/15/17 4:36 p.m.

PMs work here?

fiesta78
fiesta78 New Reader
10/2/17 9:37 p.m.

After 37 years my Fiesta has been sent off for a new life. Formal adoption took place yesterday. My wife is happy, the car is gone and I am even happier because it has a new home with someone with the time and inclination to bring it back to life as a purpose built autocrosser. From what I understand the transformation has already begun. My thanks to the Grassroots Motorsports community for helping make this happen.   

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/17 8:51 a.m.

We will need pictures of the car in it's new life.  

TED_fiestaHP
TED_fiestaHP Reader
10/4/17 8:55 a.m.

Is it still near Phila?

I might be able to help out with info and other stuff, I have a little experience with racing one of these.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/6/17 2:19 p.m.

Congrats on the sale!  It's always nice to see a neat old car saved from the crusher :)

fiesta78
fiesta78 New Reader
10/10/17 5:54 p.m.

In reply to TED_fiestaHP :

Yes it is. New Hope area. I retained visitation rights.

roadsportusa
roadsportusa New Reader
10/20/17 6:33 p.m.

The front big  brake parts from BAT  are no longer available. I am trying to switch over to 1985 lynx turbo front brakes.    cleaning and painting the car. . will be turning over engine this weekend.

roadsportusa
roadsportusa New Reader
10/26/17 1:50 p.m.

engines fine, still cleaning up the surface rust and priming the car.  I am in need of a radiator and right rear tail light assembly.  Stock radiator is not available, so looking for something that will fit.  any ideas?

jimbbski
jimbbski Dork
10/27/17 12:47 p.m.

Having owned now 4 of there cars, currently own one (79) the space for the radiator is quite large.

Just go to a pick & pull and look over all the FWD cars.  Take a ruler with you.  Seems to me that a VW Rabbit one should work.  I know that the Fiesta uses a pipe along the block to move coolant to the left side of the engine compartment.

Rerouting that pipe should allow you to use a radiator that had the inlet and outlet on the same side (pass.).

My car is a runner but needs brake, carb, and ignition work. The body is good with just a bit of rust.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CNdQHwybjfESBOORkwc2GLMVs7yJY9oqnNunNYyRYFOQnoFvFU8ZYAapt9KJ7C9F