6/21/18 3:28 p.m.
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
6/21/18 7:27 p.m.

That is way cleaner than I expected.smiley

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy UltraDork
6/21/18 8:23 p.m.

I like the Evo wheels on there, and the steering wheel is awesome too.

With all the problems he describes, are these things really worth 2k in this condition?

chief8one
chief8one Reader
6/22/18 10:00 p.m.

Anytime a CL listing starts off with something along the lines of...

"I have extremely little time, so if you have any questions about this vehicle, that are not answered in this ad, this is not the vehicle for you. The only contact that will illicit a response from me is "When can I buy the car.", and I will only communicate via email. "

I immediately click off the post.  I bet dealing with the person IN person would be just as pleasant.

Just sayin'

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
6/22/18 11:45 p.m.

In reply to chief8one :

Perhaps. But I've read about buyers getting the run-around from sellers also. Personally if I had the scratch i would have no problem giving this seller his asking price. I wanted to buy my current daily without a test drive. Looked good. Started up. Ran. Seller insisted on a round the the block run. Fine. Ok. Take my money. That car should only be bought by an enthusiast of some degree. Everyone else take a hike. God forbid Joe Schmoe thinks that is a regular car and buys it to run into the ground. Now if it was a VR-4 wagon? There would be a lot of newly single men on this forum. All due love and respect.yes

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/18 7:56 a.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

I agree. Had I a trailer, 2 grand, time and space, I'd be attempting to do what I see as a no-nonsense transaction with this guy. I read it as "If you are a Craigslist kook, stay away"

calteg
calteg Dork
6/23/18 8:05 a.m.

It's a 26 year old turbo DSM...don't  jump into the deep water unless you're the mechanical Michael Phelps

wae
wae SuperDork
6/23/18 8:14 a.m.

In reply to chief8one :

Ads like that remind me that not everyone is cut out to be in sales.  I have a feeling, though, that this is an ad with a very specific purpose:  "Gee, honey, I listed it for sale but nobody's even called about it...  Guess we'll have to keep it."

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
6/23/18 8:26 a.m.

I agree, definitely a significant other trying to push a project out the door

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
6/23/18 10:56 a.m.

My mom bought a 1990 Galant new, but not the VR4. I was in high school but she let me drive it if my car broke down or I had a special occasion. It was a fun car. Easily cruised around 100mph. Walked all over one of the popular guys in his 70 smallblock Skylark in a streetlight drag. He was showing off by roasting the tires at the launch and he underestimated the Mitsubishi badly.

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
6/23/18 6:58 p.m.
calteg said:

It's a 26 year old turbo DSM...don't  jump into the deep water unless you're the mechanical Michael Phelps

Nope they're easy to work on and are not DSM's. The TEL borrowed their 6 bolt 4g63 drivetrain from the 6g galant vr4 wink

Anyway. I miss mine. This isn't that bad of a deal though. Especially if its rust free. They only made 1000 of these in 1992 and I'd be surprised if half are still left. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jljXMHCUlpF3V3Z6yAG0luSUCZZifg7eCAFCNfBLiaVDoOW9Nm5f5Dz1RRRrgaw1