Team96
Team96 New Reader
3/6/18 3:15 p.m.

I needed a 6 speed Boxster S transmission for a custom project so I bought this complete Boxster S at an insurance auction.

Upon arrival I find out the the 3.2 liter S engine has a certified IMS bearing upgrade by LNengineering.
IMS Retrofit S/N: IMSR12904 (see photo).

Now I feel bad tearing this car apart and I am thinking someone should make it a track/race  car.

Spark plug inspection tells the engine is good and turns, you are welcome to verify this inspection.

The Boxster S chassis has 138k miles on it, and the engine is certified to have received the IMS bearing upgrade in 2014.

You can validate the installation year using the IMS Retrofit S/N here: http://imsretrofit.com/ims-check/

The IMS upgrade kit by LNengineering is $800 and requires 10+ hours of dealership labor to install for a total value of several thousands, not to mention it extends the life of the engine.

For more information on the IMS engine upgrade visit:
https://lnengineering.com/products/ims-bearing-retrofit-kits-for-porsche-m96-97-engines/ims-retrofit.html

No exterior body work damage, lights, brake system etc. are in overall good condition.

There is one minor body work ding and the top is older but intact. (I can source a new top in box for extra $)

The keys, title and rolling car are yours for $2999.

The car is a 95% complete car. The missing 5% of the car is the transmission system.
The engine still has clutch and pressure plate on it.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/6/18 4:06 p.m.

Location?

Team96
Team96 New Reader
3/6/18 5:35 p.m.

Location =  Atlanta, GA

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
3/6/18 7:33 p.m.

Argh!!!! 

Always Atlanta!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/11/18 12:04 p.m.

Someone wanna buy my miata project so I can get this? 

There's a guy parting out 34 of these kissy 30 min from me. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/18 1:52 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Details? You could drop it off here on your way to Atlanta. ;-)

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
3/11/18 2:54 p.m.

I'll take it for $2018 and not a penny more.cheeky

Mikejui
Mikejui
3/14/18 7:04 a.m.

I just signed up and can't send PM. Please contact me mike@vilanobikes.com

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/14/18 9:31 a.m.

At some point I may have an empty trailer coming back from GA to MO if someone wants to have it brought to the midwest. *cough* Robbie *cough*

Mikejui
Mikejui New Reader
3/15/18 11:27 a.m.

Just spoke to the seller. Said the car is a flood vehicle. Car was purchased at an auction as a non running vehicle. Car was wenched up on a trailer when picked up from the auction yard. He said he didn't even try and start the vehicle before pulling the tranny when it was delivered to his shop. I asked if he could start the car to see if the motor runs, and he said he was in a different state and it would cost him money to get someone in Atlanta to turn the key. 

Team96
Team96 New Reader
3/17/18 11:22 a.m.

Mike,

There has been full transparency on all these details in the posting over in the Open Classified section (and to anyone who called me) so nothing new in your post.

Sorry you feel entitled to a fully documented Boxter S car with a running engine for 3/4 of engine prices on ebay before you are willing to drive a few hours.

The car is sold by the way.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cIEVwH1WMTlanmSdqKogyHxj1MXNM858TjOpgYagegXB1hc76gdf8RomZczI3Fsv