914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/26/17 8:31 a.m.

Something here makes body parts twitch.  There are several similar ones in the same area, a goose-neck that's so big it won't fit in the picture for $2k?  Anything like this goes for 3X the price.

Lemme know if you bring it home.

Willis
Willis New Reader
9/26/17 8:42 a.m.

.............currently sending txt to Hartford buddy to investigate.  That seems crazy cheap.

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/26/17 9:21 a.m.

For what it's worth, most wildly underpriced craigslist scams seem to be listed at $2,000 for some reason. The single, distorted photo throws up a red flag for me as well. I hope it's legitimate and someone gets a great deal, but I'm skeptical on this one.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
9/26/17 9:48 a.m.

Scam

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/26/17 11:56 a.m.

Somebody needs to troll this guy with the Nigerian scam. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/26/17 1:29 p.m.

So you meet the guy and he robs you?  How's this work?

Sorry, uninformed not stooped.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/26/17 2:26 p.m.
914Driver said:

So you meet the guy and he robs you?  How's this work?

Sorry, uninformed not stooped.

As someone looking for a trailer, I've been wondering the same thing.  I even contact a few of the enterprising scammers when they had odd prices that looked like it could be semi-legit, but after waiting a full 24+ hours then getting a "sorry, I'm busy at work, email me @ <whatever@gmail.com> address," I've given up trying to figure out how the scam works.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/26/17 2:28 p.m.

They say, I'm out of the country but you can have it shipped to you and we'll use craigslist or ebay escrow (neither of which exist) and you'll get your money back if you don't like the trailer. Needless to say the trailer doesn't exist and neither does the escrow service and you've just handed $2000 to a complete stranger for nothing at all.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/26/17 2:43 p.m.

Dayum, you guys are better than a nympho girlfriend that cooks!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/26/17 3:57 p.m.
914Driver said:

If only she would clean too.

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
9/26/17 8:10 p.m.

Seems like a good deal for a "Fatherlite"

Total scam.  By the book.

Boris3
Boris3 New Reader
9/27/17 7:55 a.m.

Anyone else notice that there seems to be more and more of these lately? Must of worked for some scammer somewhere so now we get the pile on. 

Typically only one interior or exterior picture, poor quality or copied from someone else's listing or stock photo. Price point in the $2k range no matter what size trailer.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/27/17 10:48 a.m.
dculberson said:

They say, I'm out of the country but you can have it shipped to you and we'll use craigslist or ebay escrow (neither of which exist) and you'll get your money back if you don't like the trailer. Needless to say the trailer doesn't exist and neither does the escrow service and you've just handed $2000 to a complete stranger for nothing at all.

I figured it had to be something like that, as I've dealt with car scammers before, but I could never get the conversation far enough along to have them attempt to scam me..

Maybe trailer scams are the fry tank of the scamming hierarchy?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/28/17 12:59 p.m.

It is now showing up on our CL in Greenville, SC.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
9/28/17 7:49 p.m.
spitfirebill said:
914Driver said:

If only she would clean too.

I do like the French maid outfit.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ptybXEQgCbkQqMGOXXrRE8115E7m4yiTG24LMy6sFKiUAU5M8UIE1vrkIeN41osz