1 2 3 4 5 6
ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
10/6/17 10:49 p.m.

Excellent!  Fantastic work you're doing.  I'm looking forward to following along.  

VegasNick
VegasNick GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/8/17 3:02 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

One of the biggst challenges is that post 72 parts are hard to find. Most everything I have is from Firm Feel. Strut rods are almost non-existent for the 74B body. And yeah, it has rubber. I have already bought the solid K-member mounts and I'll be gusseting this one up when I drop it out. I haven't even touched the rear springs yet. Just changed the pinion seal on the rear end and have bought a spare setup to rebuild when I get the time. 

VegasNick
10/21/17 11:49 a.m.

Wheels back o n and getting ready to make the trip from Vegas to Florida. Sadly, she will be on the trailer for this journey. Good news is that a MUCH larger shop awaits there! 

midniteson
midniteson Reader
10/21/17 6:45 p.m.

This is great! I would like to give a G-body a nascar treatment. lots of inspiration here. good luck on the move. 

VegasNick
11/26/17 6:27 p.m.

On the trailer and Daytona bound! 

VegasNick
1/17/18 3:35 p.m.

FINALLY! 47 days and nothing more than looked at the damned thing. I started dropping the K member out today. Everything disconnected and found that I am missing a 15/16 wrench and socket so on hold for some errands. I'll have it out and off to media blasting next weekend. 

Once it's back, then I'll get on with the welding on the K frame. For the most part everything else will be brand new on the front with the exception of the spindles. I am going with tube UCA's from Firm Feel. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
1/17/18 3:46 p.m.

i was just thinking about this build a couple days ago!

Looks like a great shop, looking forward to following along!

VegasNick
1/24/18 8:12 p.m.

Finally got the nasty ass K member out and stripped down. Dropped it off for sand blasting! 

There is nothing there that isn't worn out! Luckily, I have plenty of goodies to make it all mew again. While I'm waiting, I am going to fab up the fuel filler recess and work on some more cleanup under the hood. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/24/18 8:35 p.m.

I think the world is finally in tune. You and i seem to be updating the mopar threads in sync. 

Glad to see it!

VegasNick
1/25/18 7:19 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

No doubt! I was checking out your thread again. LOL Fun stuff!

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
1/27/18 5:07 a.m.

This is a great build to watch. The 71 and up Chargers and Road Runners/Satelites to me had great lines. The NASCAR theme during the 70's with all of the automakers still in made for  neat body lines in my opinion

I also like the 360 build

VegasNick
1/31/18 6:59 a.m.

K frame is back from the sandblaster. I have some welding to do!

And...of course my welding helmet took a dump and I didn't have a backup so I finished my day cutting he hole to recess the fuel filler neck:

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltraDork
1/31/18 7:15 a.m.

Can't believe I haven't seen this before.  I used to rock a B body ('74 Plymouth Satellite) and that was one of my favorite cars, ever.  I, too, built a 360/727/8.75 combo for that car, and it was wicked fun.  Cancer and a series of accidents finally killed the car for me; I ended up parting out the drivetrain and selling the roller to a guy who actually wanted to restore it (about 5 years ago).  I hope he did.  

Great build.  

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
1/31/18 7:23 a.m.
VegasNick said:

Finally got the nasty ass K member out and stripped down. Dropped it off for sand blasting! 

There is nothing there that isn't worn out! Luckily, I have plenty of goodies to make it all mew again. While I'm waiting, I am going to fab up the fuel filler recess and work on some more cleanup under the hood. 

Is that a dry break fuel filler I see?  That looks like commitment to me sir!

VegasNick
1/31/18 8:28 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Thanks man! I am actually shopping for a second one now. Prices have gone nuts!

So if you mean your own cancer, I know the feeling. 3 years in remission for me. Enjoying whatever days I get left here! 

VegasNick
1/31/18 8:29 a.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Yessir!! Finally scored one on eBay a while back. Cut the hole for it last night! 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
1/31/18 8:49 a.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Oh E36 M3! Totally missed that. 

Looks like someone is going full retard! laugh

Suddenly much more interested in this one. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltraDork
2/1/18 6:29 a.m.

In reply to VegasNick :

No, I was referring to automotive cancer- i.e. rust.  Fortunately I've never had human cancer *knock on wood*.  Sorry for the confusion.  Hope yours stays in remission permanently.  

VegasNick
2/2/18 6:26 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Thanks man! 

Yeah, this thing had a bot of the automotive cancer too. LOL

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
2/2/18 2:35 p.m.

When this hits the road you have to find Cleetus and run around with his NASCAR pickup.

VegasNick
2/6/18 5:32 p.m.

My three days off comes to an end with a little bit of progress. A table full of pretty parts. Still waiting on my sway bar setup. 1 1/4" from Firmfeel. 

And I started working on welding up the K member. I should have had it hot tanked. Lots of oil hiding in there! 

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
2/6/18 7:45 p.m.

15 years of remission here too.  Good times had by all here at GRM...

VegasNick
2/6/18 8:46 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Congrats man!! 

VegasNick
2/12/18 5:21 p.m.

Another weekend and a little more work done!

Cleaned up the engine bay. Making new brake and fuel lines and properly clamping some wires after a fresh coat of paint. 

And I started fabricating the recess for the Dry Break:

Probably done for this weekend with maybe the exception of pulling the windshield. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/12/18 5:54 p.m.

we are still on the same schedule! i worked on the duster after work myself. 

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CBycyBEWCAM2w7IVlIVoUleUc4PMX8tRLUdavC5j5dlkXwQfylBDozCxsFpBJSaw