hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
8/14/22 9:06 a.m.

As of about 6pm last night, I am the stoked owner of a white FJ62. It's a good running car...but a project.
Got it for a good price and have money left in the budget to start fixing the issues.
And there are lots.
Im going out in a bit to take pictures of everything and this afternoon I'll buy my first part for it...a gas cap lol

But I'll try to document the car well.
It's SO much different than the Ford Fiesta I drove to pick it up, and Im not looking forward between switching from it to the MR2. This will be a car I drive 5 or so times a month, not a daily.
We got it so we can go camping (like at the Outer Banks), haul lots of stuff from Home Depot (and flex on the other young-er couples out there), and haul the jet ski and motorcycles etc.

It's classic cool, just feels good.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/14/22 11:24 a.m.

Awesome!  Can wait to see pictures.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/14/22 12:01 p.m.

I love these. In for pictures. 

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
8/14/22 8:08 p.m.

I do wish it was easier/quicker to add pics (like a [img][/img] tag), but I'll throw some up for yall

Im going to need a lot of guidance here!

SO MUCH SPACE!

In here (at that moment) is a Surco (?) out of Las Angeles roof rack I negotiated for, it's 50x60

WIFE APPROVES

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/14/22 8:11 p.m.

That thing is super cool!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/22 8:53 p.m.

This is not helping my need of an off road rig itch.  Great buy.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
10/19/24 7:56 p.m.

So I was taking some pictures of the LC this afternoon when the wife got home, as I want to document the upcoming stuff to it.

She said, "I got a video for you, record this"

I said, "sure" and hit start

This is my wife and her pure thoughts on the 'rust bucket'

[MEDIA=youtube]nsvUdR7ttYk[/MEDIA]

What she DIDNT know was that I already ordered some parts for it and Ive got a mechanic coming tomorrow about it.

I hate not working on my car, but time...

Mechanic is coming about the cooling system (have a new aluminum radiator, toyota water pump, hoses etc), the weeping steering knuckles...again, got all the parts already. And I'll have him flush the trans and do an oil change while it's there.

Ive got the antenna on the way already, as well as some other nick-nacks

I put new Falken tires on it this spring. Time to start enjoying this thing again. Will post updates.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
10/19/24 7:57 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PPG3ylm9B7MZMOx7siVNbUb2lFhEjX1amo2eFkurIFycbn5SHwR6E76xKkzadxk4