pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/20/24 9:04 p.m.

I have owned my 2005 Nissan Titan 4x4 for almost 4 years.  It was a great truck and was super reliable.  It pulled my car trailer and my boat, hauled things from Home Depot, and transported my kids around flawlessly for the entire time I owned it.

I ended up selling it to my friends teenage son, who was looking for a truck to get back and forth to college and to mow lawns with.

Why did I sell it?  Well my wife wanted a Wrangler and her 2018 Armada could tow my trailer, my boat, and with three rows can fulfill road trip duty as well as hauling around kids and their friends.

It looks like basically every other Nissan Armada on the road.  I decided that since it is now my vehicle I would at least make it stand out.    I started out by blacking out all the trim as well as the grill with black vinyl.  I spray painted the V8 logo and added some raptor lights to the grill.

I am going to add a set of slightly larger all terrain tires 285/65r20's (34.5) vs 275/60r20 (33) and a roof rack in the near future.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
8/20/24 9:11 p.m.

The new wrangler that prompted all this.  It's a 2021 Willys with the 4 cylinder turbo and the one touch sky roof.  It has 30k miles and is pretty much murdered out.  

My wife is super stoked with the Jeep.  I came home from running errands the other day and she was sitting in it playing with all the options.  Happy wife happy life...

dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
8/21/24 10:15 a.m.

That's a really clean Titan. 1st gen Titans in this part of the country just get used and abused with no love. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
8/21/24 10:32 a.m.

Bwahahahahaha, this is going to be awesome!!!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
8/21/24 11:11 a.m.

In reply to dannyp84 :

It was in great shape.  I was the second owner.   You are right most titans I encountered were pretty beat up.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/13/24 1:48 p.m.

The brakes had 60k miles or so on them.  This past weekend I replaced all 4 rotors, and installed new pads.  While I was messing with it I replaced the air filter as well.

While doing the brakes I noticed the rear air springs were pretty shot out and dry rotted.  It made sense given their age. Now that the truck is not driven every dayI have noticed it's rearend begin to sag.

To alleviate the undesired Carolina squat, I ordered a set of 1st gen rear tow package springs.  These will allegedly provide a 1/4 inch or so lift over the stock, fully aired up, rear suspension, and allow for the replacement of the air shocks with a set of Bilstein 5100's.  I ordered a matching set of 5100's for the front as well.

In other news I scored a set of 12/2024 date code 275/65/r20 Cooper AT3 XLT All Terrain tires for $650 on Facebook.  The guy bought them for his truck and decided they were not aggressive enough, so he replaced them with a set of 35' mud tires.  Allegedly they have 6000 miles.  Regardless of mileage they are in excellent shape and $650 for four beats $381.42 apiece from tirerack.com. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/13/24 1:53 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

I did the same spring and shock treatment on mine, works great.   Next up new tires and matching front shocks.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/13/24 2:11 p.m.

Great that is good to hear.  I can't wait to get it sorted and to see it with the more aggressive tires.

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/13/24 2:41 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

That's a smoking deal on the new skins!  I'm always a huge fan of somebody else taking 50% depreciation on a consumable but only using 20% of its life (or less).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8IIAi7FNU4e9SdwXh5pF0ZgAzDu1kg8FodT2Ve329lufAkXk5E68ZcABZxeMEYGZ