1 ... 6 7 8
roninsoldier83
roninsoldier83 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/28/24 4:10 p.m.

After doing some more research, I'm retracting my previous statement about removing the entire subframe when I install the new oil pan on my own car (to give myself some extra space). There's a very substantial amount of work to be done in order to fully remove the front subframe. 

Yesterday in the junkyard, while the subframe was dropped per se, I could have done more to drop it further without the need for a full removal- namely I could have removed the front sway bar mounts and the front coolant hose that's bolted to it, which, I believed, would have dropped the front portion a good bit lower. It also probably didn't help that someone had removed the transmission mount(s), so the powertrain was hanging very low in the engine bay, giving me less space between the engine and the subframe, while also making me a bit more fearful of disconnecting more things to avoid being crushed by an engine in a junkyard. 

While watching this video, I noticed that he appeared to have quite a bit more room to work with than I did yesterday, leading me to believe I likely won't need to remove the subframe entirely: 

roninsoldier83
roninsoldier83 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/29/24 1:42 a.m.

After watching all the things on the YouTube, for a RWD car, this video was by far the most detailed, efficient and informative: 

For any AWD guys- woe is you- I've watched the FCP Euro oil pan gasket swap video on an AWD car- good night! The RWD version appears to be a cake walk by comparison. 

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TD3NYamv005AvqQxKs78sxxAO1rzIDVJy7krJmQ8kukAesLCGcLWLJunZnmFTa2j