1 2 3
gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
8/2/17 7:25 p.m.

I dig it. It may not be fast, but it wouldnt take much to make it fast. I wouldnt bother with that for a while though. At this point a reliable cruiser with personality is better than a faster car that lives on jack stands.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/2/17 7:39 p.m.

I daily a 64 el Camino with tbi, 700r4, and sears air conditioning. I approve of this thread.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltraDork
8/3/17 6:17 a.m.

Yes, this was definitely worth it. I love the square body style Chevies from the mid-60's. A '64 Malibu is on my "want" list. 2 door or 4 door, don't care. Someday.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
8/3/17 7:02 a.m.

Excellent. I think this can be made to handle acceptably pretty easily.

Love the car!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/3/17 7:18 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse:

Elky?

volvoclearinghouse
8/3/17 7:38 a.m.
Homework wrote: Forgot to mention that when I got this, I also had the opportunity to buy an all-original late 2nd-gen Z28, a mildly built slant 6 Duster, and an just-shy-of-perfect XJS that was owned by a Jaguar mechanic(I absolutely love Jags). I will still take this car over everything else.

Love Jags you say?

volvoclearinghouse
8/3/17 7:39 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: In reply to volvoclearinghouse: Elky?

Nah. I gotta 3 year old and a 6 month old, they have to be able to ride in it with me.

Sanchinguy
Sanchinguy Reader
8/3/17 9:18 a.m.

I believe this calls for a new autocross class: Classic Ammerican Large Family - CALF...

dannyzabolotny
dannyzabolotny New Reader
8/3/17 12:43 p.m.

That's a rad car for a project. I'd stuff a 454/496 big block in there and throw on a Weiand 6-71 blower, but I'm insane. A mildly built 350 small block would be a more realistic upgrade and can be pretty reliable once dialed in.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
8/4/17 3:09 a.m.

I'm here for autocross pics.

Homework
Homework New Reader
8/10/17 8:24 p.m.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks!

I went with my dad to the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville last weekend. I didn't take any pictures of us at the event, but here we are at the gas station:

We went three of the four days and racked up about 600 miles each without a hitch. We got there late all three days, and ended up missing the autocross. Probably a good thing in hindsight since we wouldn't have gotten a course walk. Tentative plans have been made for an actual autocross in Lexington on the 20th.

We didn't miss the swap meet, though:

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FKFP1oVObfNWyijPtZrL9DYiyzpL3Eg4iGXsvsWKSZEynxcUgYcin1Jgbi5XiZlu