1 2 3
whiskey_business
whiskey_business GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/14/16 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Mad_Ratel:

I think it depends a lot in the company. All the people I know at Bosch had a bad intern experience, people at ZF have all loved it.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
10/14/16 9:51 a.m.

Mine was related to how the Germans treated the Americans. Also to how well people were paid. Someone who was the engineering manager of a line of product and had 15 years exp let his salary slip. I'm 7 years into design engineering and w/o overtime I've hit his pay a few times... Then there was the underhanded way bonus was handled with some departments scrapping all of their negative value at the end of the year. So the group spent most of the year thinking they were on target and then a week before the final calc was done 200k of negative scrap would hit the dept... basically nullifying their bonus. (happened every year I cooped.)

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/14/16 9:53 a.m.

Very few people I was in FSAE with actually went into the automotive field. I feel like we all learned not to mix work with your hobby. Plus there was always the specter of going in and getting stuck designing cup holders.

That said, I have always felt I came out head and shoulders above engineers that just did the school work (or even ones that interned). I actually work with a guy I was on the FSAE team with, we've been good friends for 10+ years now.

whiskey_business
whiskey_business GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/14/16 10:40 a.m.

In reply to Mad_Ratel:

That's sounds like a bad work environment, sorry to hear that.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XBoZU3Qd0pNa9QxUgqvi2iQyEpign6xWOEvLy4u5JvnKMCm4R0SNQMNwqVqVzoE1