1 ... 119 120 121
mke
mke Dork
9/26/24 2:07 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

Last time I had it aligned at a local shop they used the shims they had on hand and got it to factory spec with no issues.  I've lowered is a bit more since then but with it not really running/driving and me planning a suspension rebuild I've not attempted aligning it at the current ride height. 

This time I'm also planning to add more camber and the problem there I'm told is the bolts holding the lower forks aren't long enough so I'm planning to deal with while I'm at it this winter

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/26/24 2:48 p.m.

I've got plenty of camber before the alignment but I think that's a function of it being way way low. It handles great but I have more negative camber dirvier's side thatn passenger and  I'm hoping to have enough adjustment either way. Those Ricambi shims are a lot of money for washers with slits cut in them. laugh

mke
mke Dork
9/26/24 4:04 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

Now I'm really wondering how low is "way way low"?????  

followed by how was it achieved setup wise?

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/26/24 4:40 p.m.

Id 1k seem really big for this. cool says the guy with 12 1480s on a 6cyl

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/26/24 4:40 p.m.

mke
mke SuperDork
9/26/24 5:58 p.m.
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) said:

The goal was to only be spraying fuel into a moving air stream so the fuel vaporization cools the air not the port walls and that means short duty cycle and that means big injectors.  Originally the plane was to use the show injectors the ducati 999 came with but I got talked out of it and into this plan thinking the ID injectors are well enough matched that it should work out fine.....it still might.  They shipped today so now I wait.

mke
mke SuperDork
9/26/24 6:46 p.m.

So the tires did not go as planned.  The discount tire place told me they no longer mount used tires, too dangerous.  I stopped by a small place I drive past and he tried, he got 1 but they are just too wide for his machine.  But 1 is enough for a test fit....

Clearly I was just being a big scaredy-cat and 315s would probably fit.....but they really want a wider wheel......what the?!  the wheel company now has 10.5, 1,11.5 wide blanks....hmmmmmmm....anyone want a set of 18x8, 18x10 wheels?

(the forum software has started doing some weird stuff to the pics.....the look right everywhere but here, sideways, upside down...yuck)

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/24 7:17 p.m.

In reply to mke :

Regarding injection timing... this is definitely something to play with for sure.  One of my tuner friends found something crazy like 50hp in an LT1 (the 90s Camaro engine) with injection timing.  He also let on that there was benefit to timing the injection so that it acted like an "air door" to prevent reversion, but I suspect that this is also highly dependent on port geometry and injector placement.  An injector that sprays perpendicular to airflow will actually be impeding it.

mke
mke SuperDork
9/26/24 7:54 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I heard similar things, like 3-5% with sub 38% duty cycle and correct timing.  That's what convinced me to try it.  Maybe someday I'll make it to 5he duno and find out.

1 ... 119 120 121

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2oH07urRVabYqDoOMMRvcYexZCSUwNZNLwOXyFYVbwKZ7Ws9zTuToyT9pgecx2S7