1 2
fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
2/23/19 10:57 a.m.

In reply to vwcorvette :

It was pretty hard to pass on it.  If I had the time/money for another project it would have been a great platform to throw box flares and boost at.

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
3/4/19 6:37 p.m.

Race car is here! This thing is a blast (in the 6 blocks we drove on the street).  Should get it on a lift tomorrow and check everything out.

In other news, the blue Volvo sold for $1800.  Not too bad.  I haven't totaled everything up yet but we probably had less than $1000 in it.  

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
3/4/19 6:42 p.m.

Right now  I probably have 7k invested for all the cars, parts, and racecar.  After the first sale we are now only 5200 out of pocket.  Hopefully between the other three cars we can knock most of that out.  After that we will keep flipping cars until we have all of our race expenses and entry fees paid for.  

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/5/19 6:53 a.m.

Pretty cool what you're doing.

I swear you tripled the value of that Mercedes just by washing it!  What a difference.

Carry on!

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
3/5/19 7:59 p.m.

Some pics of everyone "working." The Mercedes is just about finished.  New abs pump is on and bled, and exhaust is patched.  Decided to bite the bullet and put a new set of tires on it.  Those will be here tomorrow. 

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
3/5/19 8:02 p.m.

Scored some cheap tail lights for the Volvo.  Put a new tire on (po put one tire on the rear) and finally have the new inner and outer tie rod ends done.  Trying to score some misc trim and a window regulator for cheap.  Found everything we needed a few states away.  Hopefully it'll work out

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
3/16/19 10:01 a.m.

Slow progress lately. Our day job is keeping us pretty busy this time of year.  We were able to get the racecar up on the lift and get everything checked out.  Needs some deferred maintenance but nothing too crazy. 

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
3/16/19 10:02 a.m.

In other news we bought ANOTHER Volvo.  We are going to take care of some pretty nasty seats and fix some lighting on this one.

fiesta54
fiesta54 HalfDork
12/23/19 10:23 a.m.

Kind of forgot this thread existed.  A TON has happened.  All of the Volvos have been sold, and we stumbled into Range Rover flips/ ownership.  Much of this was at least documented by one of our friends on his youtube channel Doug's Cars.  Give him a watch if you are looking for more car channels!

The Jetta has now done two endurance races at VIR.  The first one was a big learning curve, but by the second we hit our stride and finished with race with very few issues.  

fiesta54
fiesta54 HalfDork
12/23/19 10:28 a.m.

We ended up coming across an enclosed trailer that came with a free racecar.  Initially we had planned on selling the car and keeping the trailer to haul the jetta/sleep in but now we are recruiting more friends and looking into becoming a two car team.  I mean who doesn't want to tell people they race a Porsche.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/23/19 2:05 p.m.

In reply to fiesta54 :

Is that a fuel cut off?

java230
java230 UberDork
12/23/19 2:43 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Certainly looks like it.....

fiesta54
fiesta54 HalfDork