1 2 3 4
Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/7/24 9:13 a.m.

There's nothing more satisfying (to me at least) as bringing back the interior on a parked, stalled project, or neglected car.  It's what I look forward to the most.  Great work so far.

What did you plug/unplug/splice in the last picture? 

Manual_Trans
Manual_Trans New Reader
6/7/24 1:54 p.m.

I had a '97 GS-T back in 2001 and I loved that car. Seeing pictures of the interior of this one is bringing back a lot of memories. I always loved the second gen Eclipse/Talon. Good luck with the refresh! It will great with a new set of wheels and proper ride height. 

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/7/24 10:36 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

There's nothing more satisfying (to me at least) as bringing back the interior on a parked, stalled project, or neglected car.  It's what I look forward to the most.  Great work so far.

What did you plug/unplug/splice in the last picture? 

someone before my buddy for some reason cut one of the fuel pump kick on relay wires and shove it into another wire to i guess bridge that?? i dunno but that is not normal, so i put it back. i have to diag the no fuel pump power issue and while im in here i want to undo any weird crap i see. 

did my cheater upper drip molding touch up method ;)

spandak
spandak Dork
6/7/24 11:32 p.m.

What a throwback. High school friend had one and we got in plenty of trouble. 

I remember redline was mostly a polite suggestion. His would go ~700rpm past before fuel cut? Something like that. 

rad 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/8/24 10:17 a.m.

In reply to spandak :

The Eagle Talon is the millennial version of a boomer's 69 Camaro.  Everyone (or their buddy) had one just like it! 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/8/24 11:16 a.m.

Whats the cheater method, cause it looks great!

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/8/24 6:33 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Whats the cheater method, cause it looks great!

electrical tape, installed without stretching. lay it on and press lol

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/9/24 8:28 a.m.

Side note: all the kids are in the new house ;)

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/10/24 9:09 p.m.

More work. Interior is back together. Carpet was died darker and looks nice and it's clean. All bolts derusted and spears cleaned up.  

Wally 255 is in and working, tank has some rust but the gas is new and clean so I'll leave it alone for now. The starter seems to have finally died, click only and no activation. It was about dead 2 weeks ago anyways. Gotta get a new one or find a spare.

I got the front upper bumper mount assy from my old Talon painted up. I'm starting to clean up the engine bay area paint wise as well. 

The susp needs new parts and I checked to see what I need. I have new front brembos and pads already. I need gsx from calipers, lines, and rear pads and rotors and calipers. Just gonna get new stuff. 

Sunroof fuze was blown. I'll get that working as well

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/12/24 1:00 p.m.

Junkyard finds. Shifter and all new drip moldings and weatherstripping. 

Made more de-rusting progress on the front end. 

Bumper is painted, I'm getting that sunday. 

I just put in an $800 Rockauto susp and brake parts order. I got any parts I saw def need to replace to get me going. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
6/12/24 4:38 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to spandak :

The Eagle Talon is the millennial version of a boomer's 69 Camaro.  Everyone (or their buddy) had one just like it! 

Probably more surviving 1st gen Camaros than Eagle Talons, though.

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/12/24 11:00 p.m.

Sunroof now works. Needs a track clean out and lube job.

Fuel level sender cap for blasted and painted and installed. 

Seatbelt bolts wire wheeled, de rusted the DS and painted to seal up before final install.

Rear cargo cover for pressure washed and cleaned up. Interior is now 99% complete minus small things I need to source from the junkyard eclipse. 

I did more cleanup, wipe down and paint work on the bay. It needs it badly. 

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/13/24 9:30 p.m.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/14/24 7:20 a.m.

Wow!  Very impressive!  Don't stop now!

de80q
de80q Reader
6/16/24 11:15 a.m.

Reading this really makes me miss my DSM days!  Keep up the good work!

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/17/24 1:23 p.m.

Lil update..... the one relay that was rigged up with the yellow/black wire into the blk/red musta been to bypass a bad relay....cause it needed re-rigged to work. So for now, that is how I'm Rollin with it. 

I now have fuel pressure at the AFPR, 37ish psi, so that's ok to start. The starter is new, new ground and power wire to starter. Starter turns over, motor freely turns over when cranking. 

I'm missing fuel inj and or spark, so I'm next looking at the 1g CAS setup...wiring is a$$$$, so I decided instead of making a 1g in a 2g harness again for this car if just order the p&p one for $75 lol. The joys of being an adult. I don't want to mess something up more with a wiring job when I can just get the adapter kit. I'm trying to clean UP stuff. 

I finished firewall and side area repaint work. Just lil stuff to do yet. 

Also, the bumper and fog caps are back home as well. I got them last night from my bro. 

roninsoldier83
roninsoldier83 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/18/24 12:09 p.m.

Solid work saving this old beut! 

I need to remind myself that I need another old DSM as much as I need another hole in my head... even if that doesn't stop me from scouring the cesspool of iniquity known as FB marketplace for a GSX... 

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/18/24 6:52 p.m.

Somber assembly today. Lotta old memories in that bumper. Appropriately now wearing fresh funeral clothes.....

golfduke
golfduke Dork
6/19/24 9:22 a.m.

Looks freaking awesome!!!

docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
6/19/24 9:45 a.m.

Looks great!!!

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/22/24 7:30 a.m.

Might stop wrenching on it. It's a crank, no start condition and I can't get it fixed. I fired the parts cannon. Nothing changed. I tried a spare CAS, Coilpacks, another tested good ECU, 3 PTUs, new CAS wiring harness adapter, etc etc etc. 

-ETA: 12v at inj, 12v at connector when plugged into ECU. 12v at MPI red supply wire. I opened a spare harness and checked and it's a simple circuit. Goes from MPI RELAY to inj pin. Other inj pin goes to the ECU.  

I don't have an answer yet. I'm going to attempt using ECU injon value and log it. If it's not there, I'll send both ECU out to a different shop and see what happens. 

******I have 2 friends and 2 others on DSM tuners with the EXACT ISSUE. one guys car has been parked for 3 YEARS because of it. 

I'm gonna put the cover on it and walk away. Sorry guys. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
6/24/24 7:56 a.m.

So what would the actual 'fix' be, or is that the problem?  Seems like an ECU would solve the issue?  Sorry, I don't speak DSM, it just seems like you put a bunch of effort into it and it sucks that you're gonna mothball it.  

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/24/24 11:09 a.m.

What's resistor A-80?  Could it be the cause of the low voltage output to the ECM?  There's a shop in Jacksonville FL that does ECM rebuilds, hate to see this build get mothballed again.   

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
6/25/24 8:11 p.m.

The old FIC 750 injectors didn't fire on 12v batt power using a jumper harness. They are gummed up paperweights. All of em. 

I put the FIC 950s I had with new o rings, cleaned up the pcv and intake manifold area, and scaled inj. It started on the second crank try. 

It's running. Now I can continue

Puddy46
Puddy46 HalfDork
6/25/24 9:27 p.m.

Whew!  I have been following along, and was bummed the project might come to an early end.  Glad to see it's still got some fight left in it.  

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xOkXEiU9ubKekjbUHwz0N7JcYacaix39jNhdpYaEmcoI2LaaX4clDVVRnS4kA0bY