1 2 3
AntiArrhythmic
AntiArrhythmic New Reader
2/7/16 1:03 p.m.

It's not oil. I know the problem you're talking about though, it's common on the d15's and d16a6's. The spark plug tubes on this motor extend all the way out of the top of the valve cover. It's just soot on the plug.

AntiArrhythmic
AntiArrhythmic New Reader
3/16/16 9:58 p.m.

The Accord carried me back and forth to work for a month (90 miles a day total) then the cylinder 1 misfire got really bad. It used to go away above 2k rpm, but now it misfires in all RPM. So I finally leak tested it and it's leaking out of the exhaust bad! So, I acquired a reman'd head off of eBay for $230 shipped. Just waiting on it to arrive then I can wash my hands of this car. I will still make money on it, but not what I'd hoped.

Unfortunately for fans of this build thread I plan on also selling my civic. I will save the B20 drivetrain for the aforementioned CRX. The main reason I am selling both is a friend of mine recently offered to sell me his RSX-S that jumped timing for $500. I will likely flip that also and plan on buying an e39 530i 5-spd if I can find one when my money is right. Another reason is that I've gotten distracted with modifying my truck. I'm sure many of you can relate to my automotive ADD.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9Xa05sI4Si7U74U75lhk8Vld6zaOd2JAOtdkayYWzvrkUA987jijaHN8aMH2tg4b